The Now Watching Thread

|ngenius

Little Grasshopper
Nov 16, 2001
Barcelona
Visit site
Well, a new thread to make this place even more... delicious? Yeah, I'm a bit hungry, so it is the right word. Well, the subject of this thread is pretty clear: post here comments about the movie/series/cartoon you're watching or you're back from seeing and write down your opinions, suggestions or just complain. :)

Now Watching: "Bowling For Columbine"

|ng (The opinion is yet to come. Have you seen it?)

in which way is that involved with war therendin???

for me, right now i'm not watching anything cause I'm at work, but I'm trying to get all the NewsRadio episodes in one pack...98 files in 33 disks :Spin:

fathervic (missing Bill McNeal)

television is evil :p
mine is permanently turned off, there isn't anything worth watching and anyway, when i'm home i like better sleeping (and strangely it's getting more and more difficult as days go by, i tell you), or reading or *sigh* working a bit more...
every now and then i like watching some dvds i bought, and i'm in a kind of toon-mood, as of late :)
sooo, give me a disney movie and/or a comfortable bed and i'll be more than fine: laughs and sleep, that's all folks *yawn* :p

right now,i'm not watching anything......when i'm online i never have the TV on,and anyway only rarely do i turn the TV on,especially now that Malcolm and Newsradio are over....
this week i've watched a bit of a new reality show who has started here in Greece. It's called "Survivor" and takes place in an island somewhere in Malaysia..The players and some strange animals and insects are the only inhabitants of the island,as you may have realized it's no so easy beiung there,sleeping outside and eating whatever you can find etc... 2 episodes have been aired so far (it's twice a week) and so far i find it interesting...definitely more challenging than Big brother,Operacion Tirunfo and other stuff....

/troll

Rei Toei said:
television is evil :p
mine is permanently turned off, there isn't anything worth watching and anyway, when i'm home i like better sleeping (and strangely it's getting more and more difficult as days go by, i tell you), or reading or *sigh* working a bit more...
every now and then i like watching some dvds i bought, and i'm in a kind of toon-mood, as of late :)
sooo, give me a disney movie and/or a comfortable bed and i'll be more than fine: laughs and sleep, that's all folks *yawn* :p
Ha, there's at least fifty "Survivor" shows in America! Or fifty seasons of it at least. I think they are on Survivor season 6 or 7 or 8.

Yeah, "Survivors" has 4 seasons here as well. Two of them were starred by "famous" people and the final couple by normal people (well, they were quite odd, you can't be labeled as "normal" when you get to a remote island without a good reason to, but you know... I mean non-famous people). It sucks, actually, but they appear to do something, at least.

@Rei: Ok, now we have to plan the forthcoming reality show, with your combat-cats starring. :)

|ng.

well, as you heard, the troll is following this survivor thing. I tend to hate this sort of shows...However i must accept (and I already thought the same in Spain when the first survivor came out) that at least these guys have it hard for a living...It's not just lying on sofas and talking rubbish. These have to fish and stand a life without pleasures and without technology. So at least i give them that, since i don't think i could do it myself!!!!

NW: oh, this reminds me....(creating thread??? me???woooow)

fv ( :D )

Now Watching: Newsradio .- Pilot Episode

Well, I don't dislike it, and my unstoppable and frantic habit of downloading almost everything will push me to download it as a part of that everything. But it's not brilliant, just an american sitcom on the average.

|ng.

holita!

well when I first started with Newsradio i thought it was an average funny serie...as it developed and I (we) started getting into the characters I (we) started liking it more and MORE...when they stopped airing it here I (we) really missed the show. You gotta love Bill McNeal!!!! it's so AWESOME!!!! :Spin:

fv (wanting the apocalyptica video arghhhh)

guess what? all i'm watching lately are websites on... knitting! yes, ladies & gentlemen, that's my latest madness :loco:
when i was in high-school i wasn't bad, i even managed to knit a couple of sweaters and some scarves but since then i forgot a lot, so, after having seen a very cute sweater a friend made for herself, the wool fever hit me like an avalanche and i can't stop it!!! no i can't!!! can't!!!
aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHH :dopey:

wool... stitches... needle...

Rei,you're nuts :loco: :)))

hehe it's strange that you've gotten obsessed with knitting,but at the same time i find it very sweet :D

/Mel (need somebody to shoot me :p )

I don't think so, Theredin, I think your post is quite valuable and useful. It shows exactly what this thread was not created for. See? Social support and control of the natural order of things. Simply chupi. :)

Btw, for the greeks specially, did you know that there is a TV series based on D. Adams' scripts? Take a look:

"A classic and fondly remembered British cult TV series from the early 1980s', Hitch-Hiker started out life as a radio series of six episodes which grew to twelve episodes, a collection of five best- selling books and a wildly successful TV series. There is even rumours flying around about a possible feature film. The creator, Douglas Adams had previously been a script editor for Doctor Who and has admitted that the original idea came about while he was lying drunk in a field in Innsbruck (as all great ideas happen!). The quirky and uniquely British humour shoots through the six episodes, but what really sets this version apart from the other formats of Hitch-Hiker is the animated graphics for the Guide created by Rod Lord - very real, very hilarious and unlike anything seen on British TV at the time. It was able to bring home several awards including the 1982 BAFTA TV Award for Best Graphics (Rod Lord), Best Sound Supervisor (Michael McCarthy), and the 1982 RTS Television Award for "Most Original Programme"

I'm downloading the first episode of 6... in DVD Rip!!!! Amazing. :D

Ing.

Ahm, btw, the whole Newsradio first season has been successfully downloaded. Very good quality, I must say. :)

|ng (Du... dubi... dubidu... duba...)