The Band Survivor

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
Dimmu is not all that good.. my click to them. Next i would say... hm.. Old Man's Child because they are kind of the same as Dimmu heheh
:lol: that's true, i've always thought they're the same but i don't care enough about them to vote them off yet.... hrm... The kovenant's next :heh:

This is my ranking on all of ´em:

1. Dark Tranquillity/Vintersorg (could never chose one of ´em! Those two + Sentenced are my current fave bands, and have been for two years now! (that says everything! ))

2. Finntroll

3. Katatonia

4. Edge Of Sanity

5. Borknagar

6. Death/Soilwork/Old Man´s Child/Children of Bodom/the Kovenant

------------- Bands over this line is bands that I have heard more from than those under the line.

8. (or bands that I would probably like): Diabolical Masquerade/Tristania/Nevermore/Bloodbath/Amorphis/Anathema

9. (or bands I haven´t even heard of): Arcturus

10. (or bands that I DISLIKE): My Dying Bride/Dumme Birger

-phyros

Originally posted by winter-frost
if it comes down to Vintersorg and Edge of Sanity I will be in big trouble :lol:

Yep, same here, EoS is very good :)

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
Dimmu is not all that good.. my click to them. Next i would say... hm.. Old Man's Child because they are kind of the same as Dimmu heheh
Yep, Old Man's Child next! :heh:

Oooh, a ranking!

Oh, I'm giving heavier weight to a band's current releases, otherwise Katatonia and Anathema would be doing MUCH better.

1. My Dying Bride
2. Edge of Sanity
3. Vintersorg
4. Bloodbath (well, it is hard to rank off of only 3 songs)
5. Tristania
6. Amorphis
7. Borknagar
8. Arcturus
9. Dimmu Borgir
10. Anathema (on the strength of their first 5 CDs/EPs, the rest suck)
11. Katatonia (on the strenght of their first 3 discs/EPs... the rest suck)
12. Dark Tranquility (I couldn't get into them, but with a lot more listens, it's possible. I just won't buy the albums)...
13. The Covenant (Nexus Polaris wasn't too bad. After that... :mad:)
14. Old Man's Child (2 interesting tracks on the 3 discs I've heard)
15. Nevermore (krep)
16. Soilwork (even worse Krep)

Bands I don't know enough to even have an opinion:
Diabolical Masquerade
Finntroll
Death

I agree with F_V, you weren't supposed to call them crap a.k.a. krep... Now, head for the Gallows! BWA HA HA!
black_knight_standing.gif

Ehe, just wait till tonight when I can tell you exactly WHY they're crap. :)

Anyway, I totally missed my 300th post. Nuts.

Fortunately, I probably won't consider an avatar change until 500.

Anyway, it's a good thing I have a set of gallows at home. I'll get to it... after I have some beer. On the company, even.
hanged.gif

Good but Im gonna have to hang you BEFORE you tell me theyre crap because I dont like listening to the jabber of people who have no musical taste!!!!!!!! ( ;) )

Ahhh, so I have no musical taste? I'm telling you, it was the hot sauce. burned my taste buds.

Anyway, to be truthful, Soilwork are not crap, but I don't enjoy them. The vocals are the worst of it... well, the yelled/screamed vox. The sung vocals come in 2 varieties: well sung, or poorly sung. THe latter aren't good, well, because they're poorly sung... that doesn't happen often. But most of the well sung vox don't seem to fit into the song. Just doesn't go with the guitar work. And for me, vocals make a big difference. Also, often the vocals are too loud, and I can't quite hear the guitars.

Second, and this is a problem I have with most bands doing melodic death metal, during the growled vocals the guitars are not melodic at all and just... well, I can't describe it, but it's just a chord struck a couple times. So, not only are the vocals uninteresting, but the guitars aren't either.

I'll admit that the guitar work, when there aren't any vocals, is quite good, but that won't carry a song or a band.

OK, I think most of that made sense. Oh, and I don't hear much variety between songs. I only downloaded 8 songs, but the variety's just not there.

So, while they aren't BAD, they aren't interesting for me, and I think they're pretty overrated.

i was just funnin with ya bout that nomad ;)

Soilwork is one of my fav bands, and while your welcome to your taste, to say Strid has poor growls is just blaspheme, they sound amazing in my ears, and on the contrary, I think Soilwork is seriously UNDERATED! I dont think Strid gets enough credit for his clean vox, and growls (which are superb IMHO). Ill admit, TCM may not have had a ton of diversity (while being my fav Soilwork release), A predators portrait had ton of it, and is a very very strong album. I will battle for Soilwork til the bitter end my wolven friend :headbang:

Next one for me'll be Kovenant. But, oooo, I'll have problems if I have to choose between Vintersorg and Borknagar.
Neither do I want to vote off MDB, but I will before those two first bands...
And somebody else will probably vote off Finntroll, so I won't have to think about that, I guess....

For those of you who have not heard Diabolical Masqurade(which seems to be alot of you :) ) you should check out theyr newest album: Deaths Design, it is actully a movie soundtrack, but those who were going to make the movie Deaths Design did not have enough money to go trough with the project.. so the movie never came out with that soundtrack(but the soundtrack was released).. so another movie firm bought it from them and redid the whole thing.. so DM never apeared in the movie...
but anyways, the great Mr. Dan Swanö playd a big part in creating this album.. so it is absolulty something to check out..
it is not the best album to download, 'cuz it is 61 tracks on it :D so buy it! :lol: