The bass on "Hessian Peel" -- very good?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Anyone else think the bass guitar on "Hessian Peel" is one of the most audible bass parts on any Opeth disc? Fucking awesome, particularly during the tense passages with wild syncopation.

favorite song of the album for me, however, this will probably change as the weeks go by and i really begin to digest watershed.

i personally think all of martin mendez's work is excellent, and while i agree that his recording on hessian peel sounds awesome, i don't think it sounds any less awesome on any of the other tracks on watershed. i particularly love his work on lotus eater. what i want to know is, is mendez going to grow his hair out again? there are so many parts on watershed that seem to simply demand his slinging around of his long hair. not that i'll ever get to see them in person but i do rather enjoy whatever vids i can find on youtube and the like. sorry if that is in appropriate or anything.

i personally think all of martin mendez's work is excellent, and while i agree that his recording on hessian peel sounds awesome, i don't think it sounds any less awesome on any of the other tracks on watershed. i particularly love his work on lotus eater. what i want to know is, is mendez going to grow his hair out again? there are so many parts on watershed that seem to simply demand his slinging around of his long hair. not that i'll ever get to see them in person but i do rather enjoy whatever vids i can find on youtube and the like. sorry if that is in appropriate or anything.

you'll never get to see them in person? are you searching this forum in jail?