The best album of 2003 (so far...)

Buy Karma. It's flawless.

and no silent, the odyssey is not a 2003 release, i was simply using that as a comparison to evergrey and how all the albums i was looking forward to in that time frame (symphony x, sept. 2002; opeth, oct or nov 2002; kamelot, feb 2003; evergrey, march 2003) were slightly disappointing (other than evergrey) and just as a side note, how all except epica have grown on me. epica sits on my shelf collecting dust. It's not horrible by any means... it's just that i expect much more from them.

Nightrage- Sweet Vengence

but Disfear- Misanthropic Generation comes out tuesday... and me thinks Crimson II and Kayo Dot are gonna put them all to shame.

actually, i'm looking forward to the new dimmu release in september. that's going to be absofuckinlutely spectacular... heard a clip from one of the songs and it's great. don't think it's gonna be up to par with puritanical (just from what i have heard) but still wonderful nonetheless.

I've heard rumors that Cynic is getting back together. At first i was really exited but then i realised it was bullshit and it's not going to happen. It will be cool if it does tho. Power of Omens is awsomme, but the singer gets on my nerves. You sure get your money's worth - 75 minutes!

SilentRealm said:
I gotta say Evergrey is not THE absolute best IMO.. its cool, but i get bored of it quickly and find it all a bit monotonous.. i like it, but have a hard time rating it 'up there' with the best

What she said, Shreddy. I think its mostly due to the fact that the singer seems to refuse to sing in any other scale other than the pentatonic scale, and all the melodies just kind of sound samey after a while.

I thought the Star One live set didn't count, because of the fact it's no studio album. But now that I can pick that one, I will, it's the best live album I ever heard actually, Russell is godlike.