The best mix will be the chosen one

New Mix, over all heavier and a little cleaner sounding, everything sort of sets better in its own space now. Also made it a little puncher then before.

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/plisken/mix3/s-t5TnA[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Two weeks have passed and we have made our decision. It was really tough and we really didn't expect to hear so many powerfull mixes. You completely overcame our expectations with your epicness and we will never stop to wonder how can you possibly be able to make the song sound so fucking heavy and nasty. As I said, the final decision was really hard but in the end we picked the mixes that we like the most. And that's Openwound's and Sayocean's Mix. We will pm you guys our final wants in your mixes and then we will pick the chosen one. This contest does not have losers, only more experienced sound engineers. You’ve all made great effort to make our sound suitable and we are truly thankful for that. Most appreciated sounds were made by Sayocean and OpenWound. We will keep the tracks and recorded material uploaded for a while in case you wanna use it for more practice. We don’t mind at all. A very special thank you goes to Chris Lucas who has given a lot of effort to his mix although we didn't pick it, we appreciate his work and updates. We will promote your profile, 'cause you deserve it a lot! So, thanks again to all of you and keep up the good work. Yours TFOG

As I said, the final decision was really hard but in the end we picked the mixes that we like the most. And that's Openwound's and Sayocean's Mix. We will pm you guys our final wants in your mixes and then we will pick the chosen one.

Awesome, glad that you liked it! I'll be waiting for that PM, and I'll look into your feedback+some stuff I want to do better! Also, it was really cool to hear all the diffrent mixes that the others did :)

dayum, sucks I missed out on this... but i think what sucks more are the other amazing mixes from others you guys missed out on for not really letting this thread marinate on here for a period of time longer than 2 weeks. Oh well, there will always be a talented band out there looking for handouts and free services and a music producer with noting much else better to do at a particular moment :Smug: I blame Obama.

Can barely hear the guitars man.

Sorry guys for posible refloting on this thread, but I´m really obsessed with this great song. I spent the all day to mix it quite better than last time.

Hope you understand me, my english is horrible.

I´m really interested on what you think about mastering and the fucking multiband compressor....I´m noob and I really suck on it!.

https://www.box.com/s/tb8u5p81basqnh76ctyg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello guys! Time has come for us to reveal the music video for the song you've all been mixing. In the end we chose Sayocean mix, which you'll be hearing in the video. The release time is this Tuesday at 20:00. For all of you who would want to check it, here is a Facebook event for the premiere. http://www.facebook.com/events/110748982428695/ Get ready for some nasty shit and in fact one of the craziest music videos you've ever seen! Thank you all once more for participating in our little contest! Take care!