The Bitching Hour

Marwen

Five Align
Feb 1, 2008
Atlantis
Whine about stuff here.

I personally like Iconoclast. Symphony X is still awesome. There are some moments in it that I'm not too crazy about though (aside from the lyrics). Like for example, "When All is Lost", which is my favorite song in the album, has this part near the end with the wah guitar. I really don't think it fits well with the song. Fortunately it isn't bad enough to ruin the song for me though.

Why do there have to be 5 threads about the new album, divided into camps of "pro" and "con"? Can't we handle each others' opinions? Seriously...

It doesn't have to be about the new album, just something related to the band.

Like pants.

You're like me, aren't you? You get junk mail from two different sources, and you take the stuff out of the envelopes and put them in each others' return envelope and mail it.

We could make this a fun bitch list...

There are three occasions when SX rips off Snoop Dogg (at least it sounds like a rap thing to me):

One is at 4:10 in Domination
Another is at 3:54 in Electric Messiah

Where is the 3rd one? (hint: see the self-title)

You're like me, aren't you? You get junk mail from two different sources, and you take the stuff out of the envelopes and put them in each others' return envelope and mail it.

Back in the University, I would go to both main student political parties reunions to bitch against their main ideology. 6 months or so, one of them wouldn't even start a reunion with me inside the room.

That's how politics - even forum ones - really work, 100% authority, 0% commom debate/participation. And I swear to god I had good intentions. This polarized do/die good/evil all/nothing thing is just nonsense, nothing works this way... at least for a long time.

oh jeez. It's just a thread to complain about something as a fan (even silly stuff) that you feel would otherwise totally highjack another thread or something. Now it's about politics? Chill down guys and don't take yourselves too seriously, it's just music.

oh jeez. It's just a thread to complain about something as a fan (even silly stuff) that you feel would otherwise totally highjack another thread or something. Now it's about politics? Chill down guys and don't take yourselves too seriously, it's just music.

now you're bitching about what the thread is actually about ;)

meta bitching thread :kickass:

There are three occasions when SX rips off Snoop Dogg (at least it sounds like a rap thing to me):

One is at 4:10 in Domination
Another is at 3:54 in Electric Messiah

Where is the 3rd one? (hint: see the self-title)

There's a similar dissonant section in A Lesson Before Dying...

I fail to hear the similarity between these sections and rap, however.

I was just giving an exmaple about how I think and act in polarized situations, I didn't discuss politics.

But creating two topics to talk nicely and badly about the album come on, If i read the first line of a post and I now where it's going and I don't like it, I don't read it.

It's like when you're mom come to your room, sees the mess, and when she is starting to tell you to do something, you cover your ears with your hands and goes like LALALALALALALLALALALLALALALALA.

I think attitudes like this are childish. But I agree, forum topics are made to restric the subjects, it was just a small protest. Guess I'm done now, you can go on bitching :)

Phanto, are you bitching about the bitching about the bitching?

Recursive bitching. We're caught in an infinite bitching loop!

Phanto is like Duke Nukem. Bitching!

:lol:

For the second time: I said "whine about stuff", not just the album (and obviously stuff related to the band since this is a symphony x forum). Like for example why doesn't the band go play in Australia or Japan. It's not about polarization or whatever the fuck you're talking about (though I do understand/agree with your point).