The "Butt and No Country talk about Pokemon Go" Thread

forgot to answer this before but, i probably did ok considering i was sick and didn't go anywhere. got another eevee, a squirtle and a mareep. would've likely got more if it was a different weekend but ah well.

pvp sounds like it's fucked so far lol

@no country for old wainds Are you math-inclined at all?

Was just curious if my numbers were accurate. So from Jan 1st to Feb 28th, Ho-Oh and Lugia are coming to the Research Breakthroughs. Which means it has a 62.5% chance of being one of the birds (5/8 possible rewards can be birds, so 62.5% chance of being a possible shiny check).

And with 1/20 chance of being a shiny (5%), I believe that means each time I get a research breakthrough, it has a .312% chance I'll crack something shiny? and assuming we get to crack eight breakthroughs, through these two months there is 2.5% chance I'll crack something shiny in these two months?

This check out?

You are correct. 62.5 divided by 20 is 3.12.

And I have a shiny Ho-Oh, Zapdos, and Moltres. Hoping for shiny Lugia or Articuno tbh :lol:.

original.gif

there's no chance of me getting a shiny spoink, or indeed a shiny anything ever

although i did get shiny shuppet the other day i guess

So one of the self-appointed "admins" of the Pokemon Go community in my town threatened me today over the game. :lol: Really. Because I organized people for the raid day event today "in the shadows" apparently. lol. fucking stupid. As hardcore as I am its a fucking game. Jesus christ.

Reactions: CiG