The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

You would save a lot of money (and time searching) getting a passive emg + JE-1000, but I still think J-50BC+JE1000 sounds better. I got the original JE-1000 and it is slightly better sounding than the clone, but it is a taste matter really, and totally depends on what amp you'll be using.

When I bought my Je-1000 and installed it in my guitar with the J-50BC in it, I was like "shit - that wah-effect sounds so awesome!" but to be honest, I can't really play with it anymore because the wah-effect is too strong and kills a lot of treble. That's why I killed the wah-effect a bit on my last videos. But I can record a sample for you to get an idea of what I mean

Im saving for a rack atm

im thinking of buying one of CompanyCube's GP1000 replica's but im not familiar with the Possible mods and their effects, and niehter which one Alexi had.

and what is the difference between the black Intellifex and the silver Intellifex Ltd?

Im saving for a rack atm

im thinking of buying one of CompanyCube's GP1000 replica's but im not familiar with the Possible mods and their effects, and niehter which one Alexi had.

and what is the difference between the black Intellifex and the silver Intellifex Ltd?

CompanyCube's GP1000 mods except the mods done to the first gainstage (C1) swapping the capacator and resistor to 825ohm/0.68uF and the second EQ for tone shaping are confidential and secret. I did work my ass off trying to get the information and we've been testing the possibilities for additional gain/toneshaping for months before, so I won't be giving it all away so that anyone with a soldering iron can mod their GP.

Intellifex Blackout vs LTD, the old ones got a different motherboard which is slower, but it should sound exactly the same anyways, the LTD is the new edition of the Blackout, so they should have the same presets. Won't dissapointed with either one. Just stay away from the Korean Blue/Gray Online version, I accidently bought it and it is kind of faultsy....

When I bought my Je-1000 and installed it in my guitar with the J-50BC in it, I was like "shit - that wah-effect sounds so awesome!" but to be honest, I can't really play with it anymore because the wah-effect is too strong and kills a lot of treble. That's why I killed the wah-effect a bit on my last videos. But I can record a sample for you to get an idea of what I mean

That would be awesome thanks mate

Here's a short sample where you can hear the difference. I was only able to record some short tapping part because yesterday I cut in two of my fingers but whatever... you can hear it best on e-string anyway. the first thing is recorded with all mini-switches off and the second with 1 mini-switch on. Or the other way? I'm not sure which position is for on and off but you can clearly hear the difference.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87900028/Tabs/JE-1000.mp3

Edit: I have to mention that I now have my old HZH4 installed so the wah-effect was a bit stronger with my old J-50BC.

CompanyCube's GP1000 mods except the mods done to the first gainstage (C1) swapping the capacator and resistor to 825ohm/0.68uF and the second EQ for tone shaping are confidential and secret. I did work my ass off trying to get the information and we've been testing the possibilities for additional gain/toneshaping for months before, so I won't be giving it all away so that anyone with a soldering iron can mod their GP.

Intellifex Blackout vs LTD, the old ones got a different motherboard which is slower, but it should sound exactly the same anyways, the LTD is the new edition of the Blackout, so they should have the same presets. Won't dissapointed with either one. Just stay away from the Korean Blue/Gray Online version, I accidently bought it and it is kind of faultsy....

I dont need to know how the secret thingy is done lol :p if u can just tell me if its something alexi's had and if its possible to ge tit also :p
give it a neutral name or something :p

Here's a short sample where you can hear the difference. I was only able to record some short tapping part because yesterday I cut in two of my fingers but whatever... you can hear it best on e-string anyway. the first thing is recorded with all mini-switches off and the second with 1 mini-switch on. Or the other way? I'm not sure which position is for on and off but you can clearly hear the difference.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87900028/Tabs/JE-1000.mp3

Edit: I have to mention that I now have my old HZH4 installed so the wah-effect was a bit stronger with my old J-50BC.

2nd part ALOT cleaner

Well, it's not the tone which makes it's cleaner :lol: As soon as my fingers are healed again, I can record some other stuff and more cleaner. I played with plasters which makes it nearly impossible to play clean :) But it was just to get an idea of how the full wah-effect can sound and how versatile the Je-1000 is.

does anyone know how does the je1000 react with dimarzios? is it a good combo? Im leaning towards the paf pro and the dominion neck?
BTW the neck position on an esp sv sucks

Easiest way to get that "Wah" sound is to just get the EMG ALX......I have one and it sounds great! I had bought one of the JE-1000 clones off a guy here who made them and it worked but it really made the guitar sound thin, and it was a noisy fucker, even with the db boost turned all the way down. All that "wah" sound is is a mid range honk.......the Tone Zone and PAF Pro I have in my Ibanez kind of make the same honk, just not as "In Your Face" as the JE-1000. The EMG ALX can be had for $99.00 US dollars...that's for the pick up and the booster/tone thing.

If you already have the MM04 I would just try that with a passive PU...you may get good results without having to buy all new stuff.

yeah, i have a je1000 copy and I was thinking of trying a passive pu with it, and if it doesn't work I'll buy an alx set for the bridge and put the passive in the neck position. Anyone know how does a neck pup in the bidge position sound like?

It really depends on the P/U. Lots of guys run EMG 85 in the bridge and 81 in the neck, and I've read of guys putting a Tone Zone in the neck position, but it's considered a bridge P/U.

Too many factors will effect the tone you get based on the P/U you choose and it's location in the guitar. Your system needs to work together. P/U, amp, and pedals should all complement each other in the grand scheme of your tone.

Heads up guys..

Musiciansfriend somehow has Jackson RR24m back in stock 2008 model. Apparently it's completely new and still factory sealed. Wonder how that happens?

Thanks Arcane for the new Preset, sounds more Alexi/Lee Jackson style:

Ive just putet my EQ settings over the Preset ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not really interested in getting one anymore, but how the hell do you guys find a GP1000 so easy as soon as you start looking for one? Back when I NEEDED FOR MY LIFE OMG TO HAVE ONE I tried a couple of times to get my hands on one but had to end up settling for an ADA MP1 instead because I couldn't find one at all.

Lol idk dude. I've been super lucky finding stupid cheap ones on ebay.
The first one I got like 5 years ago for $230 and re sold it later for like $450 lol. This one I got for $299 which is still a good deal. I really wouldn't pay more then that for one IMO. It arrives Monday!