The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!! THANKS ALOT!

maybe, but why don't you check out the first page carefully? the questions you asked could be answered there.
and let me tell you something, even though you get the major gear of alexi, u still can't achieve his tone.
there're many points you should notice. ex: the gain level of the mm04, the eq of the mm04, the suitable tubes for gp1000, the eq of your gp1000, the extra eq from multi-effect rack,and most important of all, never expecting your gp1000 will give u modern high gain, it's the 80s product, the sound is really not metal. only if you modify it.

and only the sound of ARE YOU DEAD YET is made by EMG H4, the former (except something wild) are all made by J50BC. If u only like AYDY, ok,that's fine. If not, getting the J50BC is a big problem. moreover, i don't think the gp1000 in normal condition is often available on ebay, it depends on luck.

so if u just like the modern high gain, highly recommend, just get the 5150 or Mesa or something like that, they don't have those kind of problems. After careful consideration, if u still want the gp1000, then you've better collect every components of COB tone, and be ready to face a lot of god damned problems and frustrations.
btw, I've been making Alexi's tone for over 2 years, and now I still can't achieve this goal. maybe until I get my gp1000 modified and 1936 cab, hopefully.

maybe, but why don't you check out the first page carefully? the questions you asked could be answered there.
and let me tell you something, even though you get the major gear of alexi, u still can't achieve his tone.
there're many points you should notice. ex: the gain level of the mm04, the eq of the mm04, the suitable tubes for gp1000, the eq of your gp1000, the extra eq from multi-effect rack,and most important of all, never expecting your gp1000 will give u modern high gain, it's the 80s product, the sound is really not metal. only if you modify it.

and only the sound of ARE YOU DEAD YET is made by EMG H4, the former (except something wild) are all made by J50BC. If u only like AYDY, ok,that's fine. If not, getting the J50BC is a big problem. moreover, i don't think the gp1000 in normal condition is often available on ebay, it depends on luck.

so if u just like the modern high gain, highly recommend, just get the 5150 or Mesa or something like that, they don't have those kind of problems. After careful consideration, if u still want the gp1000, then you've better collect every components of COB tone, and be ready to face a lot of god damned problems and frustrations.
btw, I've been making Alexi's tone for over 2 years, and now I still can't achieve this goal. maybe until I get my gp1000 modified and 1936 cab, hopefully.

btw, curious about is anyone here really close to Alexi's tone? AYDY, HCDT, FTR, HB, whatever... thanks

Well if I get a hold of a intellifex i might get closer... and I have to fucking modify my gp-1000 87/88.

well, base on my experience, intellifex has nothing to do with the sound even though I used the on-line version which alexi used.

I would suggest TC Electronic G-major, because you will find the EQ is necessary to the sound, which Roope said before "" of course need a little EQ"" , and the noise gate is much much better than the on-line.

In my opinion, intellifex on-line sucks, it doesn't have the EQ, and the HUSH sucks too. And i still can't figure out why the HUSH of On-line is shit. It is true that the HUSH must be very noise muting as my Rocktron Piranha. However, On-line shows me totally different things, or maybe my On-line was in malfunction, but it looks very new,so don't know the reason, whatever, If you really need the intellifex, maybe blackface is much better, because too many guitarist still used it today, such as Judas Priest, Michale Angelo and so on, besides, it is made in the USA instead of suck Korea which the On-line is made in.

Well he used to use the reverb and the chorus on the intellifex. No he dont use the online version. He use the Xl blackface version. A better and total black colored version which is sold for about 400 dollars on ebay. This version have more in depth effects and EQ. The online version is a cheap shitty one! Nowdays the effects he uses : chorus, reverb and EQ comes from the soundboard (concerts) or mixing board (studio). I still think the intellifex sounds muuuch better!

Hello guys, sorry i am noob. But i wanna know something:
1. Can any one give me settings for Marshall 2203 KK what used Alexi on bloddrunk album? I have that amp, wanna try them.
2. And can any one say what amp should I buy for modern metal? I have Marshall 2203 kk and Mesa Mark V both of them cant do sound like a COB or something really brutal.
something like a VHT, ENGL, Bogner maybe recto.

Most interestet in settings for 2203KK for COB.
thx

Just listen Engl 670, but he is cost very much. Thats brutal power. :rofl:

Anyway, no one can help with settings for 2203KK like Alexi have?

Fucking agree'd.

Those are 2 of the best amps available right now.

I would give my left and right testicle for the KK2203.

I would make some children first :D But KK2203 has Beast mode,adds some more mids,gain and enables noise gate. Badass amp. And noone realy knows what settings Alexi used. All I know Guitar -> Boss SD-1 -> Amp (beast is off)

I would make some children first :D But KK2203 has Beast mode,adds some more mids,gain and enables noise gate. Badass amp. And noone realy knows what settings Alexi used. All I know Guitar -> Boss SD-1 -> Amp (beast is off)

I just found this picture. Maybe this helps.
@T3h_Killjoy: Do you know which settings he uses for his Boss SD-1? Seems like: "drive" full. But what about level and tone?
ampsettings.jpg

Damn I thought Alexi didn't use "the Beast". Oh well :/ About the pedal,level is for controling loudness of the effect. Drive might be full. But who cares- it's all about boosting the living fuck out of the head anyway.