The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

^I don`t really know where I found it exactly. But I think it has been posted here before.

Damn I thought Alexi didn't use "the Beast". Oh well :/

There was this interview https://www.premierguitar.com/Magaz...he_Return_of_Lee_Jacksons_GP_1000.aspx?Page=2

"How long have Alexi and Roope been using the Lee Jackson Perfect Connection GP-1000 preamp?

I started working with Alexi in 2001, and he was already using the GP-1000. Alexi recorded the last CD, Blooddrunk, with the new model from Marshall, the Kerry King amp, and he was pretty happy with the sound. But as soon we started our next world tour, we had quite a lot of problems with these amps, so Alexi decided to go back to the old stuff he was using, because we never had any problems with these."

...I think Alexi uses his good, old Lee Jackson GP-1000 instead of the Kerry King amp at the moment.

elli
I try this settings, kind of this sound, bus still not.
Dont have some edge. Maybe because of active EQ in his guitar. I use EMG 81.
And I didnt use pedal, next time try with boss ds or ibanez ts9.

Or he really use his Lee Jackson. )) And this all nothing a PR of kk series. :rofl:

There was a picture around here on the forum, think it was showing the setup, but I could be wrong... Yeah found it on my HDD, the guys can tell you if it's correct or wrong.
Edit: Nvm :lol: it was already posted on the previous page...

elli
I try this settings, kind of this sound, bus still not.
Dont have some edge. Maybe because of active EQ in his guitar. I use EMG 81.
And I didnt use pedal, next time try with boss ds or ibanez ts9.

Or he really use his Lee Jackson. )) And this all nothing a PR of kk series. :rofl:

Even if you used the exact same setup as Alexi, you wouldn't get the exact COB tone. Sorry. Even if you used his personal rig, you wouldn't sound just like him. It doesn't work that way.

But if you can't get a heavy metal tone out of a Kerry King JCM800 (or Mark V), from a guitar equipped with an EMG 81, you fail at guitar.

Do u even understand what is heavy tone and what is modern tone?
Heavy tone I can get easy. But that amps not for modern tones like a engl, bogner, VHT.
And I dont try get sound EXACT COb I try to get sound to make some good covers like a people have on youtube.

And one more, taste is so personal I think. In my opinion 2203KK good for old trash, heavy metal and other old but higained like a slayer, mark V can do some of lamb of god but thats his maximum, and many other stuff, very cool clean and some of heavy tones. But for modern they dont enough. And thats true, just read some reviews of thats amp and u will see that I say true. :/

Some people play on cheep china combo and for them this ok. I like to have sound like a original and many of time I waste for right sound setup. :)

Even if you used the exact same setup as Alexi, you wouldn't get the exact COB tone. Sorry. Even if you used his personal rig, you wouldn't sound just like him. It doesn't work that way.

But if you can't get a heavy metal tone out of a Kerry King JCM800 (or Mark V), from a guitar equipped with an EMG 81, you fail at guitar.

You could get pretty fucking close if you have the same rig. The two most important parts of his rig is the preamp and the intellifex XL (he used it for effects before AYDY?.) The reverb and E.Q on it makes the GP-1000 get smooth as hell and you should be able to acquire his live tone at least. But I dont know the EQ settings he uses/used, I guess thats the only mystery left.

But almost all of his tone lies in his fingers, so you have to be able to play like him to sound like him.

Do u even understand what is heavy tone and what is modern tone?
Heavy tone I can get easy. But that amps not for modern tones like a engl, bogner, VHT.
And I dont try get sound EXACT COb I try to get sound to make some good covers like a people have on youtube.

And one more, taste is so personal I think. In my opinion 2203KK good for old trash, heavy metal and other old but higained like a slayer, mark V can do some of lamb of god but thats his maximum, and many other stuff, very cool clean and some of heavy tones. But for modern they dont enough. And thats true, just read some reviews of thats amp and u will see that I say true. :/

Some people play on cheep china combo and for them this ok. I like to have sound like a original and many of time I waste for right sound setup. :)

If the 2203KK is really only good for old school thrash type tone, then what about when COB uses it? Or In Flames? Not to mention plenty of other modern metal sounding bands. As for the Mark V, the same goes with bands like Dream Theater, as well as Between the Buried and Me.

Maybe you just aren't getting the tone you're looking for from them, like you said, it's a matter of personal taste and opinion. But they can still definitely sound modern if you want them to. Especially with EMGs.

No, they do not sound like an Engl, Bogner or VHT. But even those amps sound differently from each other, and can sound either vintage or modern depending on how you want to use them. Take Soilwork vs. Ritchie Blackmore, who both use Engl.

Ok, enough about heavy and modern.

The amp head is not the only part of the equation.

What cab are you using with these heads and with what speakers?

My V22 is a combo amp that is vintage voiced, but when I plug it into a 4x12 cab it goes from a vintage sound to a heavy more modern sound. So the head is not your only problem if you aren't getting a sound you like.

Can someone PLEASE post more pictures of the stolen stone guitar and Roope's cross inlays Jackson? Thanks.

2mmh1j4.jpg

6iwkg6.jpg

nmzzop.jpg

monc1.jpg

2n747li.jpg

wv4bnl.jpg

2uhwviq.jpg

2pyrtaf.jpg

2pyrtaf.jpg

2dl679u.jpg

2iqiwqu.jpg

6s6qrl.jpg

1znu836.jpg

15o7cx0.jpg

24wvz3o.jpg

hey. im new here and i was wondering if any of you guys have a zoom G1X Pedal and a line 6 spider amp. if so, whats the closest to alexi's blooddrunk album tone you can make with it?
ps. im jus curious. not a fanboy lol

hey. im new here and i was wondering if any of you guys have a zoom G1X Pedal and a line 6 spider amp. if so, whats the closest to alexi's blooddrunk album tone you can make with it?
ps. im jus curious. not a fanboy lol

Crappy effects board and crappy amp, you wont even get that close. But low drive/gain, high mids and a little treble/highs might get you on the right track, and use a good EQ for adjusting the sound and you might get close enough....

And dude there is no way to sound just like alexi, without being alexi!

yea i know its not the awesomest equip. but i make best of what i got and it sounds halfway decent to me. so i guess thats all that matters. but thanks anyways dude! i got a good AYDY sound tho. it was the 1st Bodom song i learned.