The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

ibanez turbo screamer !;) with the mm04 or je 1000 preamp booster...however the turbo screamer its amazing tone like this! [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xegzMWulhbo&list=FLOJ_2gq9tmLA1_KnL_U2xPg&index=25&feature=plpp_video[/ame] and i like spaghetti!!

hey everyone including spaghetti after midnight guy

i actually have a question: i have a lee jackson gp1000 and im thinking on using it to get a good rock, solid tone, and i pretend to get like a very solid defined lead tone as well. my only question is as lee jacksons distortion sucks why dont alexi and everybody uses a distortion pedal in front of the gp1000s clean channel (and an overdrive over all)? im thinking on getting a good valve distortion pedal for my purpose like the blackstar ht dual distortion. i dont have ways to try the lee jackson now as i sold my only valve amp (6505 1x12 combo) and i dont have any power amp or cabs

what do you guys think? will i get a good rock tone with it?

Because if alexi thought it sucked so bad, he wouldnt use the lee jackson. Going with the clean channel and then dist pedal is basically a compromise of not being satisfied with the gear you have when it can actually get good dist.
If you dont like the dist sound on the gp-1000, sell it :p
also, a boost wouldnt hurt since its very low gain

Because if alexi thought it sucked so bad, he wouldnt use the lee jackson. Going with the clean channel and then dist pedal is basically a compromise of not being satisfied with the gear you have when it can actually get good dist.
If you dont like the dist sound on the gp-1000, sell it :p
also, a boost wouldnt hurt since its very low gain

the distortion of it is very little. i have passive pickups in the moment and i dont pretend to put a gain boost on it, so my overall output on the guitar is quite normal (dimarzio tonezone and an evolution in the neck) so i imagine ill have a "weak" tone. i would like to get a cool solid unique rock tone (i repeat, rock tone) with the lee jackson. will a overdrive pedal be enough? as i said i cant in the moment try out it, which is lame.

the distortion of it is very little. i have passive pickups in the moment and i dont pretend to put a gain boost on it, so my overall output on the guitar is quite normal (dimarzio tonezone and an evolution in the neck) so i imagine ill have a "weak" tone. i would like to get a cool solid unique rock tone (i repeat, rock tone) with the lee jackson. will a overdrive pedal be enough? as i said i cant in the moment try out it, which is lame.

I think if you have the gain boost on or somekind of boost you can either turn that down or turn down a little of the lee dist (; and that'll probably give you a great rock tone, but I still think the lee is best fit for 80s tones

You can get a gain boost( je1000,mm-04 or just a plain pa2) or use an od pedal. I bought a VHT V-drive to boost the gain and it arrived today. I'll try it out and let you know how much boost does it need for a rock tone

great sound dude, except it needs to be cranked some more I miss some of that power tube crunch or maybe slightly more gain :p basically dont have neighbours :D

edit: nah its definetely more power tube saturation Im missing

You can get a gain boost( je1000,mm-04 or just a plain pa2) or use an od pedal. I bought a VHT V-drive to boost the gain and it arrived today. I'll try it out and let you know how much boost does it need for a rock tone

ok ill be waiting ;) thanks

trust me in live the sound its more rich of gain but in recording its too poor because i use a cellphone..and so bad quality...infact in front at the cabinet the sound its perfect!;))

trust me in live the sound its more rich of gain but in recording its too poor because i use a cellphone..and so bad quality...infact in front at the cabinet the sound its perfect!;))

good to know . it's really hard to capture the true sound of an amplifier recorded anyways even with proper mics :D

ok ill be waiting ;) thanks

Absolutely great! For rock tones it need just i little gain boost, combined with the gritty marshall kind of sound the gp1000 has, youre gonna be fine.

I have a problem though.. there is a lot of noise coming out of the amp. Without the od pedal with the volume knob full and the dist knob full and pulled, it still has that hum.. Combined with the od which i have all the knobs at noon,the hum gets louder? What the f*ck is going on here??

Absolutely great! For rock tones it need just i little gain boost, combined with the gritty marshall kind of sound the gp1000 has, youre gonna be fine.

I have a problem though.. there is a lot of noise coming out of the amp. Without the od pedal with the volume knob full and the dist knob full and pulled, it still has that hum.. Combined with the od which i have all the knobs at noon,the hum gets louder? What the f*ck is going on here??

nice! but by gain boost can it be an overdrive pedal only?

Hey guys, does Alexi use some kind of an overdrive pedal to boost his low end (namely on FTR and Hatebreeder)?

Cheers!