The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Rune, You were right. All my ENGLS can`t sound better than gp-1000. True. Because my Gp-1000 had one broken capacitor and thats why it sounds shitty. I changed it and Lee jackson starts to chop and slice everything :Spin: :Spin: :Spin:

there are 2 sets of EMG alx abq on the market, the standerd version and the floyd rose version wich is 10 euro's more, WTF is the diffrents..

something with the coils in the pickup or what ?

Its just for guitars with different string spacing so that the strings line up exactly over the pole pieces of the pickup. Fender guitars, any guitar with a Floyd Rose brand trem, ibanez i think, are all F-Spaced pickups or "trem spaced". Gibson I think are regular spaced, and the strings are a bit closer together at the bridge.

Ive used the wrong combination before and it doesn't really make any difference IMO.
Dont know why the price is different.

Its just for guitars with different string spacing so that the strings line up exactly over the pole pieces of the pickup. Fender guitars, any guitar with a Floyd Rose brand trem, ibanez i think, are all F-Spaced pickups or "trem spaced". Gibson I think are regular spaced, and the strings are a bit closer together at the bridge.

Ive used the wrong combination before and it doesn't really make any difference IMO.
Dont know why the price is different.

I't does give you a fragmental bit of clearer tone, not only with the ALX ABQ setup, but also with the Jackson J-series and dimarzio, seymour duncans and all other pole adjustable pickups.

But it is such a tiny difference in clarity that you won't get a total muddy tone if you put a regular spaced mic in a Floyd guitar.

im using Edwards alexi's with Original floyd rose, i suspect i should go for the Fspacing EMG alx version than

not that it sounds logical but normal humbuckers will work just as fine thats what google is saying me. and next to that i dont know if there is diffrent versions of Floydroses with lesser or bigger spacing...

Well there is different versions, but I guess the spacing is for the Original Floyd Rose made by schaller in Germany.

Would anybody be interested in a GP-1000 emulating stomp box? I'm working on it now... Wondering if anyone is interested in such a thing.

Would anybody be interested in a GP-1000 emulating stomp box? I'm working on it now... Wondering if anyone is interested in such a thing.

That'd be a pretty big pedal would it not?

I think it'd be cool but only if it had all the same adjustments and ran off of tubes...not SS. And honestly it would have to be run through the F/X loop, not as a stomp box type pedal inline before it hits the pre-amp.

Unless you mean JE-1000 clone as a pedal.

That'd be a pretty big pedal would it not?

I think it'd be cool but only if it had all the same adjustments and ran off of tubes...not SS. And honestly it would have to be run through the F/X loop, not as a stomp box type pedal inline before it hits the pre-amp.

Unless you mean JE-1000 clone as a pedal.

So in reality more like the gp-1000 II that Lee Jackson was trying to build at some point

Really wish that Lee J. would just get his marketing shit together and re-relase the gp-1000 properly :p I mean, the buyers are definitely there, just needs to reach them

Not quite, I'll be working from the original schemo, and replacing the tubes with JFETs which act much like tubes and give similar tone. It won't be full tube sound and such, but as close as I can get and.... cheap!

This is where I got the idea: http://runoffgroove.com/thor.html
there are sound clips on the site to hear what "Thor" does, its a Marshall Super Lead circuit and sounds pretty good.

Not quite, I'll be working from the original schemo, and replacing the tubes with JFETs which act much like tubes and give similar tone. It won't be full tube sound and such, but as close as I can get and.... cheap!

This is where I got the idea: http://runoffgroove.com/thor.html
there are sound clips on the site to hear what "Thor" does, its a Marshall Super Lead circuit and sounds pretty good.

If you can do it for cheap it would be really cool for a backup and Id probably use it with one of those electroharmonix magnum power amps for a small practice version of my live rig :D

Go for it dude, sounds really fun!

Hey guys! It's been awhile since I spoke here on the forum...
I've been busy with the band and school nut now i'm back to "business"
Currently working on a SS version of the GP-1000 (exactly like the tube one but with IC's instead of tubes and minor component removal) is someone interested?
I'm considering the production of JE-1000 copies tih good componentes and PCBs ,just need to know if there is enough people to make a somewhat larger batch ,please answer here our PM me .
the JE-1000s will cost 35 or 40 euro excluding shippping and the SS GP-1000 250 because i don't want to sell it overpriced like people on e-bay... he last one GP-1000 was sold for 1200 USD :yuk:
I'm from Portugal btw

I know someone here as a genuine 80s Jackson JE-1000 ,can that person submit good photos of both sides of the pcb ? As I am working on them I want to make them with the same cap types (most are polyester and mylar i'm sure ) and trace the exact pcb traces,thanks

Could anybody link me to the articles or give me the name of the magazine where Alexi or somebody related to the band says that Alexi used a 5150/5150II on Something Wild/Hatecrew Deathroll?
Or was this just information by the guy who used to own scythes-of-bodom?

Thanks a lot in advance.