The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

I have just bought the Edwards Alexi Pink (2011) and it's really close to my ESP Alexi Katakana I have to say. Playabilityisn't really different. It's more about "comfort" and details.

I think both are better to the LTD Alexi 600, but it's been a while since the last time I tried one...

And I never played an ESP CS Alexi so I couldn't tell about that.

"MIJ Jackson RR24", what do you hear by "MIJ" ?

The AL-120 was like an Alexi-600. I think I've read somewhere that the older Edwards guitars can be either really good or just mediocre.

I think both are better to the LTD Alexi 600, but it's been a while since the last time I tried one...

There was a quality change for both guitars years ago. The first LTD Alexi 600 models had an original FR whereas the newer ones had this FR 1000 series (or whatever it's called). I also think they've changed the compound radius and the wood of the fretboard. There was also an SE version of the 600 (which I own) with gotoh tuners, a battery compartement on the backside and an PA-2.

I'm not sure why ESP decided to lower the quality. Maybe to push the CS or the US models.

There was also a change in quality for the Edwards guitars, but I can't remember exactly what.

Funny thing is, that a lot of people thought (or still think) that the Edwards models are better than the 600 models because of the look and - I think a few of you guys can remember - the rumour, that the Edwards guiatrs are made in Japan, in the same factory as the CS guitars, by the same guys. But they are assembled in - guess what? - China.

There was a quality change for both guitars years ago. The first LTD Alexi 600 models had an original FR whereas the newer ones had this FR 1000 series (or whatever it's called). I also think they've changed the compound radius and the wood of the fretboard. There was also an SE version of the 600 (which I own) with gotoh tuners, a battery compartement on the backside and an PA-2.

Yeah the earlier LTDs are better. My old Alexi-600 Greeny and Blacky felt a bit cheap and not very sturdy. The biggest problem with the 1000 series Floyds is the tremolo arm and its socket. The trem arm is a bit loose and wobbles even if you tighten it properly. Since the parts are 100% interchangable with an OFR you can fix that easily with a Schaller tremolo arm and socket.

Not to sidetrack the thread too much, here's a picture of Daniel's new ESP.
daniel_espcustomshop_1.jpg

Full story on Musamaailma's website https://www.musamaailma.fi/blogi/daniel-freyberg-new-esp-custom-shop/

I would go to musamaailma and order a Jackson, just to troll them :D

Btw, what's the third switch?
They used to sell Jacksons. If I remember correctly Musamaailma ordered, or at least sold, the super limited Jackson RR-LL and RR-59 models. The third switch on Daniel's guitar is for the Sustainiac system I think.

Reactions: NewHewkas
I know, before ESP they were Jackson distributer or something like that. Alexi got his Stone guitar from there and maybe the WildChild as well.

Ohh, I don't know that one.

Is that rosewood or ebony fingerboard? I hate the inlays. I'm a HUGE fan of silverburst for explorer and les paul shapes, but it doesn't look right in the RR shape. The stripe color is too dull, looks like it doesn't even belong. And the cream part of the neck pickup is really throwing things off.

Anyone who have already bought a guitar on eBay from Japan ? And who would know approximatively how much customs could it cost to get the guitar in EU ? :D any infos are welcomed!

To answer my own question since I bought one guitar from Japan finally, I paid :

- 653,29 € for the guitar + delivery ;

and then :

- 30,00 € for administrative customs post fees ;
- 136,67 € for VAT (21 %) import Belgium ;
- 00,00 € random fees ;
- 00,00 € others random fees ;
- 22,15 € belgian customs fees

= TOTAL customs : 188,82 €

So it was about 28 % of the price of the guitar + delivery.

To answer my own question since I bought one guitar from Japan finally, I paid :

- 653,29 € for the guitar + delivery ;

and then :

- 30,00 € for administrative customs post fees ;
- 136,67 € for VAT (21 %) import Belgium ;
- 00,00 € random fees ;
- 00,00 € others random fees ;
- 22,15 € belgian customs fees

= TOTAL customs : 188,82 €

So it was about 28 % of the price of the guitar + delivery.
Nice! Which guitar was it? I ordered an Edwards AL-166 from Musamaailma. It would have been a lot cheaper to get one used from ebay but hey, new is always new. They started importing small batches of Edwards guitars lately, but mine won't be delivered until June.

Hey guys I just started playing guitar again after 4 years. Anyway I have never owned a tube amp nor a decent axe. I bought a jcm 800 2010 with a 1960a cab and a j2sp at d standard I was able to find a j50bc pup and got the ebay je1000 clone. My question is how the fuck should I set this up to an earlier Alexi tone? I mean knobs wise at this point I could not find the amp settings anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20200302_131739.jpg
    20200302_131739.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • 20200218_114642.jpg
    20200218_114642.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
Hey guys I just started playing guitar again after 4 years. Anyway I have never owned a tube amp nor a decent axe. I bought a jcm 800 2010 with a 1960a cab and a j2sp at d standard I was able to find a j50bc pup and got the ebay je1000 clone. My question is how the fuck should I set this up to an earlier Alexi tone? I mean knobs wise at this point I could not find the amp settings anywhere. Thanks in advance.
I had one of those JE1000-clones and a J50BC on a RR24 a few years ago, but I don't remember the settings for the JE1000. On a MM-04 it was boost on 50-80%, dips 2 and 4 ON. I had one of those in my ESP RV-350AL, but unfortunately I had to sell that guitar earlier this year to fund other hobbies. For amp settings in general, not too much gain because of the boost circuit and crank up the mids. Someone else probably knows this better.

Jackson stars was a japanese product

Alexi’s Jacksons where USA custom shops,
Which most of them wasnt orderd by himself but bought from another artist from Finland or that famous music store they always go to.

but yes Alexi’s jacksons were USA Custom shops from a whole other caliber as what else you see nowdays

Noob here, started playing guitar a year ago on a cheap Ibanez rg421.

Where tf do I find a decent Jackson rr24 with only the bridge pickup? I've been watching ebay, reverb, local classifieds for months now and have yet to see one <$1500 cad.

Considering the edwards sawtooth since I'm getting impatient and there's a few in my price range on ebay. How do those compare to the rr24? They seem to vary wildly in price so not sure which models to look out for.