The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

I have the VHT 2/50/2 poweramp , it never disappointed me.
and if let me choice between VHT and MESA, I will choice VHT,cause it has the voicing buttom and something like hot plate which both MESA dosen't have, really useful and nice tone.

btw is there anyone can suggest me what 12AX7 tube should I replace? if I want to get the FTR and Sinergy tone. thanks:)

Could you get any clips of your setup? I have a GP1000 comin my way and I'm not sure what power amp I should go for.

Could you get any clips of your setup? I have a GP1000 comin my way and I'm not sure what power amp I should go for.

sorry, I haven't get my GP1000 , my friend haven't take it back to me from USA,but it is soon. so i can't give you any GP1000 connect with VHT poweranp infor now.

setup at present : Rocktron Piranha preamp -->g major --> vht 2502

Well, judging from Wacken pictures, Alexi is definitely using active EMG pickups in both the FIN and Pink Sawtooth...

The only question now is what kind.

we know this like 5 weeks or sth. ;)

I know, I remember. It was around the time of Sauna Open Air, right?

It wasn't exactly clear though, except on the Pink Sawtooth. But now it's fairly certain, at least to me.

I wonder if it's a new type of EMG in the works? I know Brendon Small, the guy from Dethklok/Metalocalypse, was talking about using a prototype called the "EMG X" that was something of a mix between the 81 and the 85.

Hmm, i have somewhat of a question now.

I use the Gp1000 mainly for guitar playing and my Guitar has the MM04 gainboost installed.
The pickup is a passive EMG.

If i turn the internal screw to full boost it sounds shitty, somehat cracky.
It feels like the Gp1000 cant handle so much input gain/volume.

How do i have to set the gain on the boost in order to be able to use it with the gp1000 without drowning the input or gain on the amp?

Personally there is already enaugh gain for me, but why does alexi have a gainboost then ?

I hope this post is right here. :)

Hmm, i have somewhat of a question now.

I use the Gp1000 mainly for guitar playing and my Guitar has the MM04 gainboost installed.
The pickup is a passive EMG.

If i turn the internal screw to full boost it sounds shitty, somehat cracky.
It feels like the Gp1000 cant handle so much input gain/volume.

How do i have to set the gain on the boost in order to be able to use it with the gp1000 without drowning the input or gain on the amp?

Personally there is already enaugh gain for me, but why does alexi have a gainboost then ?

I hope this post is right here. :)
The MM04 is a gainboost, but it also changes the eq a bit.

I dont know how alexi used the JE1000/MM04, but you should not put it on 100%. More like 20/30%, figure out yourself.

The MM04 is a gainboost, but it also changes the eq a bit.

I dont know how alexi used the JE1000/MM04, but you should not put it on 100%. More like 20/30%, figure out yourself.

Thanks, i new that with the EQ, you can even change settings.

That with the lower amount was also in my mind ... i might try that.
But it soundet very distorted at low dist. to.

I just found the Alexi settings in some online manual.
Gain is at 50 - 80 %

I also have a Gp1000 related question.
It always says "Output 2 (More Bass)" but to me it seemes pretty much the other way round or i looked wrong.

na alexi is more for as he said himself,less bass alot of mids and slightly low on treble somethin along those lines...with connecttion with some slayer album or somethin XD