The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

I think Alexi uses this metal compressor pedal. Produces crushing tones!

Compressorpedal.jpg

And tastes great!

The rack in the picture is roopes, determended by the old version of the vht 90290.
You can see both racks more clearly in the audix video. there alexi's using: sansamp psa (on), gp-1000 (off), two ada-mp1`s (off) with vht poweramp and at least two new effects rack units. roope is using two engl e530's and a gp-1000 (off) with vht poweramp and lots of effect units, all new.

A little shocked that Roope is using the e530 as it is on the lower end as far as engl gear goes. I mean its a good tone, I just figured he would use something different from engl.

What do you mean by gp-1000 (off)? Its in the rack but not on? Maybe just used for back up now?

A little shocked that Roope is using the e530 as it is on the lower end as far as engl gear goes. I mean its a good tone, I just figured he would use something different from engl.

What do you mean by gp-1000 (off)? Its in the rack but not on? Maybe just used for back up now?

I can see the unit in the rack, but there is no red light above the power button. Proably just for backup.

It could look like it at the bottom of the rack but, in the studio and on the audix mic cob video you can cleary see the engl e530 preamp. It's more interresting to see that Alexi's using his sansamp, but then again, Alexsander used it his whole COB career.

I don't think it is surprising that Alexi's using this pre amp. I already thought some months ago that he could perhaps use it instead of the GP-1000. When you listen to this one, his sound is very close of the new Bodom's sound. I found one for 250 €, I might buy it.

It could look like it at the bottom of the rack but, in the studio and on the audix mic cob video you can cleary see the engl e530 preamp. It's more interresting to see that Alexi's using his sansamp, but then again, Alexsander used it his whole COB career.

In that pic, check that unit below that unit with green display. It must be e570.

hey

im thinking how to get a bodomish sound and im thinking on amps that would suit better and i think maybe marshall amps would be best amp to look like the lee jackson gp1000 what do you think? and which amp exactly? the typical jcm900?

i have a peavey 6505 combo 112 which im happy but i cant get even near enough the sound of cob with it :S

what you guys think?

i appreciate your help :)

hey

im thinking how to get a bodomish sound and im thinking on amps that would suit better and i think maybe marshall amps would be best amp to look like the lee jackson gp1000 what do you think? and which amp exactly? the typical jcm900?

i have a peavey 6505 combo 112 which im happy but i cant get even near enough the sound of cob with it :S

what you guys think?

i appreciate your help :)

You should be able to get the "something wild" sound with the peavey 6505 and any Ibanez RG guitar because thats basically what Alexi used on that album. But for the rest you need some more marshally sound. The jackson gp 1000 is alot cheaper than any of the JMC marshall´s, so just get that one any any given poweramp.

dont want to be a dick but why do you seek for somebody else's 'tone' ? Covering a song?

dont want to be a dick but why do you seek for somebody else's 'tone' ? Covering a song?

as you grow as an artist its ok to look up to your artists and get the best of them to your style. with time you develop your own style in base of your influences. thats no problem with that and even alexi did that. what i mean is that i want to create my tone, but i dont want to create it from no where.

You should be able to get the "something wild" sound with the peavey 6505 and any Ibanez RG guitar because thats basically what Alexi used on that album. But for the rest you need some more marshally sound. The jackson gp 1000 is alot cheaper than any of the JMC marshall´s, so just get that one any any given poweramp.

yeah thats true but where could i get one jackson gp1000? not even on ebay its on sale =S

i just sent an email to engl asking which amp is alexi is using and the guy said alexi is currently using the e530 pre amp and right now they´re working out which power amp and cabinet would suit him better.

heh. my mate had one of those engl preamps a while back.. they sound great. But i got my lee jackson stuff before i knew bodom and get accused of copying so theres no way im getting one of those now.... Shame because it was long back when i considered getting one but went for a new cab instead