The Children of Boredom Thread

FossilMerrick

Apr 29, 2007
Glasgow
www.facebook.com
boredomwt3.jpg

The first entirely online Children of Bodom cover band!

Requirements
Video Camera/Webcam
Recording Program (i.e. Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas)

Participants
Vocalists
Guitarists (of which we have more than enough)
Bassists
Keyboardists
Drummers

The Idea
To be the first online Children of Bodom cover band!
Any one can take part, but I think I would rather prefer it if we had a drummer, bassist, vocalist and keyboard player for each song!
As for guitarists I will be looking for one, maybe two people to play rhythm the whole way through, and various people can play solos or melodies! This will be good for people who don't think they are good enough to cover whole songs, or just don't feel confident enough to want to be in it the whole way through!
Basically, what will happen is, you learn your part of the song, record it (preferably without a backing track, so that when we merge all the videos, it'll just be us playing) and the send it to me, and I'll put it together!

MORE INFO COMING SOON!

I have the capacity to play any Bodom song on keyboard WOOWOWOWOAWWAW but I don't have any webcam/camera, my friend's father had one, but it's broken now.

If this thing goes well I could still try to find one to reccord 1 or 2 songs.

Who decides who should be rythm and lead guitarist? We have many good guitarists here which can play rythm and lead. If you want to have a real online cover band we should only choose the best of each instrument so many ppl can't be part of this which sux - my opinion.

I have the capacity to play any Bodom song on keyboard WOOWOWOWOAWWAW but I don't have any webcam/camera, my friend's father had one, but it's broken now.

What are you? Mexican? Webcams are not exactly expensive!:lol:

True...but it's handy to have. IMO Webcams are pretty useless in this kind of case though. Digital Cameras totally PWN in something like this.

Yeah man, I was hoping that a fair few people would get involved! Keyboardists are a rarity, so I wanna see a lot of them!

Who decides who should be rythm and lead guitarist? We have many good guitarists here which can play rythm and lead. If you want to have a real online cover band we should only choose the best of each instrument so many ppl can't be part of this which sux - my opinion.

Well its not gonna be a set band, if you know what I mean? Different people will play for each song, depending on the song! Someone like you would do for just the solos, cos you're good enough to play pretty much all of them! Or maybe for a few of the songs, you could just be rhythm! Get me?

Webcam: I know I could buy one, but the quality would be really, really bad.
Plug-In: Indeed I can record my keyboard directly in the PC, but with a webcam I wouldn't know how to.

But what I meant is: I won't buy or do anything regarding this is I'm not sure it's a project that worth it, even if it's a 10$ webcam.

Tho, if it's get serious and well planned, I'll think of the best ways to set my things.

Well its not gonna be a set band, if you know what I mean? Different people will play for each song, depending on the song! Someone like you would do for just the solos, cos you're good enough to play pretty much all of them! Or maybe for a few of the songs, you could just be rhythm! Get me?

Ah ok. Could be hard to find a drummer and a singer....

Ah ok. Could be hard to find a drummer and a singer....

Yeah! I know a pretty decent singer, so I'll see what she says!

PrincessWildchild is a drummer, I don't know if she can record. I don't even know if she still lurks here :lol: We should ask Joe, she seems to be his favorite :p

Do it! We need as much help with this as possible! There's a few keyboardists on the tab/cover thread too, and I shall see what they say!

And drums are pretty hard to record, if you want decent sound at least.

True! But if we find atleast one decent drummer, he or she might just have to do! :D