The Classical Thread

Hell Awaits Us All

New Metal Member
Oct 22, 2006
Killing You
I have recently been listening to this genre and it is fucking awesome! I am listening to vivaldi 4 seasons right now, listened to alot of beethoven's 5th symphony yesterday

can you guys give me some great symphonies?

I have recently been listening to this genre and it is fucking awesome! I am listening to vivaldi 4 seasons right now, listened to alot of beethoven's 5th symphony yesterday

can you guys give me some great symphonies?

Start with all of Beethoven's Symphonies. 3, 6 and 9 are the best but you should buy a complete set of all of them. After you digest all of that I can recommend more. :cool:

Start with all of Beethoven's Symphonies. 3, 6 and 9 are the best but you should buy a complete set of all of them. After you digest all of that I can recommend more. :cool:

Yes. This is True. I don't know why people always list the 5th and 7th as the best.

Bruckner 4th and 7th are pretty epic

The Adelaide Symphony Orchestra is outstanding. South Australia is not well known for its arts for nothing. I used to play a bit of classical (playing brass) so I can probably find you some decent material when I have more time.

how about metal and classical mixed together, you got that?

lol I've mentioned them about 4 times in the past week already, but, Haggard (Death Metal (early), Classical/Orchestral/Symphonic Metal (now)).

63_photo.JPG

Try some Bach.
He said symphonies...

My favorite at the moment is probably Dvořák's 9th, I also enjoy his 7th and 8th. Try Rachmaninov's 1st, any of Schubert's, and Vaughan Williams' 1st for something more modern. I'll second Bruckner's 4th and 7th. All of these fall more on the side of Beethoven than Vivaldi (dark, epic, brooding, heroic, etc.).