The concerts thread

I saw Testament, Anthrax and Death Angel in Montreal at Metropolis on October 2nd. Most of the people seeemed to be into Testament more so than Anthrax. I thought the show was good. It was my first thrash show which was killer.

Oh btw, that Kamelot show I went to for free...Yeah, I dont think people couldve paid me to stay. Shit was fucking terrible.

EDIT:
Atleast I got Earth coming up on the 26th...Fucking stoked for that.

just saw Arch Enemy. they kicked fucking ass! great variety of thrashy, melodic and groovy riffs, sweet ass guitar solos... and Angela was beastly. respect \m/

Fucking Killer show with Voivod last night! Was very cool to get them so close because the venue was so small, probably just around 50 people there.
They played tracks from all their albums up to The Outer Limits with Jack Luminous(!) and then three new songs which fit perfectly.

Also shook hands with Away and bought their new single, signed. All in all a fucking great night.

Seeing Neil Young & Crazy Horse @ The Hollywood Bowl tonight...So fucking excited to see just Neil, should be fucking epic. There are very few concerts I have, or will attend that I am this pumped for.

Hell, it was epic when I saw him play with Crosby, Stills and Nash but just Neil with Crazy Horse?? Hes gonna play his old shit and Im going to be loving every fucking minute of it.

Seeing a pink floyd cover band tonight. They are the closest thing I can get to seeing waters and gilmour share a stage and play music live. They fucking nail their sound damn near perfectly.

Havent got to much lately but theres a Sodom show with Gospel Of The Horns supporting soon which is going to be class!!!

I'm getting my ticket for this in London next week when I get paid, never seen Sodom before, can't wait.

Are Gospel Of The Horns any good then?

Gonna go see Kreator, Morbid Angel, and Nile next week. Should be a fun concert. Pretty stoked about seeing Kreator as they haven't lost their touch after all these years IMO. Can't say the same about Morbid Angel, but hopefully they will stick to the good stuff. Nile always delivers live, although this is the first time I'll be seeing them as an opening band. They will probably tone it down a notch which is a shame.

Ugh! Some cool shows lining up for 2013 here! Venenum, Rotting Christ and Dead Congregation included. I'm still deciding on that christmas eve Inquisition concert. It's getting glose and I'm not sure I can go.

Last week I saw Megadeth perform their Countdown to Extinction album in it's entirety plus some hits from R.I.P. and Peace Sells. I also saw Exmortus, Huntress and Three Inches of Blood last Friday night. Going to see Exhumed tonight and Arsis next Friday. Already some good shows lined up for 2013, Asesino, Overkill, Soulfly and Meshuggah all have shows scheduled for Las Vegas!

My last concert was Septic Flesh (headliners) who played with Inquisition, Melechesh, Krisiun and Ex Deo. Ex Deo totally sucked. The vocalist really tried hard to put on a show, but I just wasn't feeling it nor the music. Next up is Wintersun... I liked Wintersun back in the day but I am mostly going to take a friend who doesn't listen to metal but she likes Wintersun. They are playing with Eluveitie... which their new stuff I can't stand. :/

I saw Blaze Bayley and Paul Di'Anno a few weeks ago, it was a good fun gig with nothing but Maiden tracks. I must admit I'm not too familiar with Blaze era Maiden, but he was really, really good. Even though it was a tiny, crappy venue, he acted like it was a stadium show, running around on stage revving up the crowd who absolutely lapped it up it. His "woo-ooh-ooh" type choruses were nothing short of epic. Di'Anno on the other hand, was really sub-par. I saw him about two years ago and he was great, but his voice is totally wrecked now. He kept doing these really terrible screamed vocals on the faster tracks, which just ruined the songs. Plus he played less than 30 minutes with no encore, total gyp.

Last one i went to:
Dragonforce/Alestorm/The Defiled.
Defiled were a shouty noise but the kids down the front liked it. Alestorm were just fun personified and Dragonforce - I've heard they've got a rep for being sloppy but I thought they put on a great show.
Coming up: UFO in February