The concerts thread

I've been to a BassHunter concert once, which I'm shit embarressed about, thank god I found metal but the only metal band I've seen live was Sign at some school dance thing, icelandic heavy metal band.

I will see TYR next week. Kinda curious how that will turn out.

My last concert was Forbidden and the Waldrock festival (with Morbid Angel, Forbidden, Death Angel, Slayer, Death by Stereo among others)

I just got back from the summer slaughter tour and it was so worth it. a lot of the bands sucked but aborted, cryptopsy (holy fuck they need lord worm back now, fuck this new guy), kataklysm and vader made it all worth the 25 dollar ticket price.

I saw Dismember last night. They were pretty good, seemed like they were enjoying themselves, they mostly played stuff off the latest album. Overall it was a bit disappointing, crap attendance and crap support bands as per usual.

Perth is just shit for heavy metal full stop. There's usually fairly decent turn outs for international acts, bands like Opeth and Children of Bodom etc get good crowds, but of course a band like Dismember gets crap all.

Both the support bands were identical run of the mill brutal death metal, unbelievably tedious. Virtually every other state in Australia has great underground bands, even Tasmania has bands getting international recognition, but there are literally no good bands in Perth at the moment. Very weak.

edit - 1000th post

I fucking hate being under 21! Wolves in the throne room is playing in my city and it's at a 21+ place.

Perth is just shit for heavy metal full stop. There's usually fairly decent turn outs for international acts, bands like Opeth and Children of Bodom etc get good crowds, but of course a band like Dismember gets crap all.

Both the support bands were identical run of the mill brutal death metal, unbelievably tedious. Virtually every other state in Australia has great underground bands, even Tasmania has bands getting international recognition, but there are literally no good bands in Perth at the moment. Very weak.

edit - 1000th post

I agree with everything you said. I didn't make it to dismember. Fucking work! Argh!

concerts i've been to...

unholy alliance
ozzfest
blind guardian
summer slaughter
lucifer over america
Bodom+amon amarth+gojira
Nile+some gay bands

and upcoming concerts...

carcass tour
amon amarth+belphegor