The concerts thread

Looks like i won't be attending the Ensiferum/Hypocrisy show now. Hypocrisy can't get into the U.S. and i'm not paying $30 for Ensiferum and fucking Swashbuckle.

Marduk, Nachtmystium, Merrimack last night, fuckin awesome. The lead vocalist of Merrimack jumped on stage for Nachtmystium's last song and "helped" out by singing along with the guitar player.

Saw motorhead last weekend, pretty damn good show. They played a lot of their newer stuff some of which I hadn't heard before, they've still got it after all these years. Was the first band I ever saw when I was 12 years old too hehe.

Last Sunday: Entombed - Great show, one of the best we've had in 2009.

Yesterday: Belphegor and Obituary - Belphegor's set was a little too short, but extremely intense and well played. Their drummer plays like a fucking machine (in a good way), very accurate. Bondage Goat Zombie sounds great live. Obituary was awesome, I never gave them much attention and was surprised. Their set was killer. Perfect evening, gentlemen.

PS.: Bought an amazing Bondage Goat Zombie T-shirt guys brought and Belphegor's beanies.

^Obituary are fantastic live, seen them twice. In fact that's how I got to know them, randomly went along to a gig and was blown away.

I may be seeing Insomnium in a few days time, they are supporting Swallow The Sun whom I've not heard of but sound alright from what I can find online.

Going to see Dying Fetus and Cattle Decapitation on Tuesday.

Exciting! and then I'm going to a cabin in Big Bear over the weekend with a couple of good friends, 3 bottles of vodka and 5 cases of Weissebier :) this is going to be a damn good week methinks! Except for the days I work of course

Going to see Danzig on the 26th.

Oh and fuck Ticketmaster, I'm actually getting even more sick of them. From now on I will only be using their service as an absolute last resort.

Yeah Ticketmaster is a fucking joke, just show up an hour early to the event and buy straight from the box office.

Saw Hate Eternal, Born of Osiris, Unearth, Cannibal Corpse, and Hatebreed last night at Pops in St. Louis.

Hate Eternal sucked. Real disappointment. Thought the drummer was awesome, until we walked over to watch his feet, only to see he had those things triggered to the max, beaters were barely touching the drums. Couldn't distinguish any of the instruments because the sound was horrible. Just bad.

Born of Osiris was pretty damn good, though following HE probably helped them out a lot. got the crowd going, cool double leads and guitar solos, and I always like a keyboard in metal. They did some pretty technical stuff. Probably going to check out one of their CDs.

Unearth stole the show. They were fucking amazing. Teir sound was perfect; you could distinguish every instrument from the other. They had awesome energy and stage presence. Awesome performance. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy any of their stuff, but I'd definitely see them again.

Cannibal Corpse. Well, I guess if you like CC, you would have liked it. All the songs sounded the same (as pretty much all CC songs do to me, recorded or otherwise). Vocals were up to loud IMO, and drowned out everything out with his mono-tonal growls. I did like Hammer Smashed Face (though, it is the only song I know by them) and the drummer's blasting was some of the best I've seen live. The CC fans in the crowd were really into it, and the stuff the vocalist said had my laughing (e.g., "This next song is about shooting blood from your cock!").

Hatebreed: Same as with CC. If you like 'em, you would have enjoyed their show. They were good, just not my kind of music. Crowd really got into them, and the pit was crazy (to watch). First time I've seen a dude in a wheelchair go crowd surfing (at his request).

So, overall, good show. Born of Osiris was great, and Unearth was amazing. Definitely recommend any metal head to see them, especially Unearth.

I'm curious to know how you managed to "walk" over and see the drummers feet? What kind of stage were Hate Eternal playing on anyway? A circular platform in the middle of the concert hall? And you should know that there are extremely few drummers that play at that speed and don't use triggers, it's nothing to look down upon, as a drummer myself I can vouch for these people..they are playing it, but at that incredible speed you won't have enough time and momentum to generate enough force to make an audible sound from the bass drum..but whatever that's a discussion for the musician's forum

Marduk, Nachtmystium, Merrimack last night, fuckin awesome. The lead vocalist of Merrimack jumped on stage for Nachtmystium's last song and "helped" out by singing along with the guitar player.

Saw them last night. Nachtmystium and Mantic Ritual were ok, Merrimack and Marduk were awesome.

I'm curious to know how you managed to "walk" over and see the drummers feet? What kind of stage were Hate Eternal playing on anyway? A circular platform in the middle of the concert hall? And you should know that there are extremely few drummers that play at that speed and don't use triggers, it's nothing to look down upon, as a drummer myself I can vouch for these people..they are playing it, but at that incredible speed you won't have enough time and momentum to generate enough force to make an audible sound from the bass drum..but whatever that's a discussion for the musician's forum

They were the first band and the place was barely crowded . . . so, it wasn't hard to "walk" over near the side of the stage and see his feet. What, do you go to a lot of concerts where drummer hide their feet or something?

I wasn't necessarily criticizing the drummer. I get it is hard and most trigger, but it just takes away some of the admiration when I see a drummer triggering. I'd rather they not trigger and play what they can naturally (though, I do feel sorry for any drummer attempting to fill Derek Roddy's shoes). Anyways, the drummers I know see it as cheating.