The concerts thread

Fuck age limits. I have missed so many shows because of them.

GOD DAYUM! that sounds like an awesome show. All you'd need is Manilla Road and you'd have the best of the American trad. heavy metal movement.

I know, I've missed a shitload too, as there were a lot in Chicago and there've been a few good shows I've missed here as well. It really sucks :|

Fuck age limits. I have missed so many shows because of them.

GOD DAYUM! that sounds like an awesome show. All you'd need is Manilla Road and you'd have the best of the American trad. heavy metal movement.

Most of my venues are all ages, though it's fun seeing a 10 year old end up in the pit while the kid's parents are nowhere to be found.

In Chicago they weren't bad afaik, and my friend used a fake to see WITTR, but it cost $100, and thats not really worth it. That, and I don't know where to buy a fake id in Vegas XD

You sure can, but a lot of places will turn you away at the door rather than bother getting the police involved.

I always had the unfair advantage that I was one of very few Asians, so I could just borrow a yellow friend's ID and the security personnel often didn't bother to distinguish.

The day my friend turned 21 he went over to the market and got alcohol and whatnot and they didn't card him :lol:

Sadly, the night before that, we went to the liquor store which closed at 12am, and they didn't let him buy anything. But then we went to his ex girlfriends house, got vodka, then drove past Obama's house (which was staked out by a bunch of cops, since it was January 2009) and played played Rock Band with Hellhammers drumstick :kickass:

Saw Decapitated and Psycroptic earlier this month. Excellent show. Decapitated have lost very little despite their new lineup, and Psycroptic are just awesome live.

Origin and Misery Index also played, but they are hardly worth mentioning really.

Nile coming up on the 25th May :D.

I HAVE MY ONE-DAY TICKET TO HELLFEST IN MY HAND!!! (it's 3 days but i only need 1)

Dying Fetus, Nile, Suffocation, Bloodbath and Behemoth on June 20! it'll be the most metal day of my life!

http://www.hellfest.fr

:D

Belligerent: Honestly, I'm not feeling those live videos at all. It's not the same atmosphere at all, and the guitar tone is pretty weak.

no idea, lol. i was looking at the lineup and decided days 1 and 2 dont have enough bands i cared about to justify the ticket price. but day 3 is fuckin loaded!

So if I'm in the LA area at the time, I'll most likely be going to the Soilwork show, mainly because I want to see Augury live, and also would enjoy Death Angel and Swashbuckle, making the $20 worth it (unless theres better stuff around the time).

So what is Soilwork like live? To they play a mix of stuff or mostly the newer material?