The Creativity Thread

I have been writing silliness. Largely unfinished and probably not as funny if you don't know any of the characters (most of them are real people, only spiced up). Still, if you have nothing to do:

Racaille!

There will be more. When it ends, it will go in my sig. Maybe.

I got about halfway through it and it sounds great. It gave me a couple of laughs, too.

Btw Rammstein's Mein Herz brennt is written wrong. You put a t in Her(t)z.

I got about halfway through it and it sounds great. It gave me a couple of laughs, too.

Btw Rammstein's Mein Herz brennt is written wrong. You put a t in Her(t)z.

Thanks| Will go and correct it.

@hyena: You're productive, that I can tell. I've already had a go at the first part of Racaille! this morning and now another 6 pages...I enjoy the storyline but the characters are still unknown to me. I feel the construction of their personalities is a bit slow but well integrated, mostly in dialogue. (I just found out that dialogue is apparently not in the corrector of the forum)

@hyena: You're productive, that I can tell. I've already had a go at the first part of Racaille! this morning and now another 6 pages...I enjoy the storyline but the characters are still unknown to me. I feel the construction of their personalities is a bit slow but well integrated, mostly in dialogue. (I just found out that dialogue is apparently not in the corrector of the forum)

Oh, not that productive. The whole thing was written over the course of about three weeks. The characters are going to remain a bit uninteresting for most readers because it was written for a friend and everyone actually exists in real life (except for Saheed and the real B-Gone), so there was no particular need to flesh them out. I don't really have any pretense of writing anything meaningful, it's just for laughs. :p

My guess is he's the lonely bottle in the fridge.

@hyena: Now you've gone and motivated me into going back to writing that short story I worked on 'bout a year ago. That'll teach me to read.

@hyena: is there any rahvin in it?

no, not so far, and i don't think he'll be coming in. he was on the shortlist of characters to be included (along with Ségolène Royal, no less), but then i couldn't fit them in the plot without making the story look weird. all the characters have pretty much been introduced, although we are going to see more of some and less of some others.

what really worries me is that i'm in a mad race with real life for the silliest episode. i honestly could never have thought of pink heart-shaped diamonds and moralistic Indian officials. i am now despairing, these folks must have wonderful writers and i don't stand a chance. :p

then make another short story, for our pleasure only, around him. that ought to be fun. :p

do i need to crack a joke about rahvin and short stories? :lol:

i will consider the possibility, but i envision being busy with R! for a couple more weeks. the protagonist is demanind that i finish it in time for when i visit her in Brussels at the end of the month, and i don't want to risk her wrath.

@hyena: :lol:

Well, if you have inspiration and want to do it after the R! thing, you're welcome to. It wouldn't be much good if you started it now and then the R! protagonist killed you because you didn't finish hers. :p

Well, if you have inspiration and want to do it after the R! thing, you're welcome to. It wouldn't be much good if you started it now and then the R! protagonist killed you because you didn't finish hers. :p

Yet another interesting plot for an amusing and grim story. This place is a haven of inspiration!

Interesting thread idea. I suppose I will revive it..

A scrap:

The mist finds its rest under the evening sky
Creeping forth from the trees onto the hills
While I remember a time when we were young
When the beauty that was ours had yet to come
But the moon is humming her sad lullaby
And now it is dusk

I may offer up something more substantial later.

Well, I have (or had) the strange ability to create very Dark Tranquillity-esque songs (speaking more about the music than the lyrics) with software-generated instruments (I won't tell you exactly wich ones, I leave it for you to guess it). Of course that tracks are not even near as awesome as DT.

Here's an example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUMJPEH9WJg

Now I think the sound of the bass, the solos and specially the drums suck. But the guitars mostly came out with a pretty good sound, didn't they?
Don't really know what to think of the vocals (which are the only "real" thing I recorded).

I'd like to take a moment to promote my creative endeavor, ORCumentary!

ORCumentary is a solo metal project of mine. All the music is recorded on my synth. I've played over 100 gigs in 7 states as well as self-releasing two albums and an EP. My music is on spotify, amazon, itunes, bandcamp, etc if you are interested in listening.

www.orcumentary.bandcamp.com

I also have a sweet music video which is in the vein of SNES RPGs. I can't directly link you because i'm at work, but look up ORCumentary Goblin Death March on youtube.