The Creativity Thread

It sounds like your B string is a tiny bit out of tune. Pretty sweet playing though. :)

Here's my "creativity":

"Ode To Humdinger"

Humdinger, humdinger
Bing bang bong bee!
Oh humdinger, humdinger
Why'd you pick me?

To gaze upon humdinger just fills me with glee!

Humdinger, humdinger
Whing whang whong weem!
Oh humdinger, humdinger
A paradox supreme!

Such mystery, and possessing a sparkling gleam!

Humdinger, humdinger
Ding dollop ba-dekt!
Oh humdinger, humdinger.....
–noun, Informal: a person, thing, action, or statement of remarkable excellence or effect.

What a great humdinger, whose life I'll protect!

Here's a video of myself playing December Flower solo by In Flames. I learned it about a month ago and I'm not perfecting the solo 100%... Anyways, enjoy the video!
[youtube]...[/youtube]
Comments are more than welcome :D

For one thing... this is not creativity... it's not your music. Maybe if there was a thread for "murder solos by other bands" it would make sense. hehe. JK...

Edit: @phil... when absolutely alcoholically slaughtered your poem fails to entertain, maybe it's something that acquires sobriety... A word I made up meaning not drunk. although I quite like made up words that rhyme. No kidding. It's an odd thing with me. Sounds without meaning that relate just entertain me for some reason.

Edit: @phil... when absolutely alcoholically slaughtered your poem fails to entertain, maybe it's something that acquires sobriety... A word I made up meaning not drunk. although I quite like made up words that rhyme. No kidding. It's an odd thing with me. Sounds without meaning that relate just entertain me for some reason.

Surprisingly, I like it, too. It reminds me of e e cummings a bit.

For one thing... this is not creativity... it's not your music. Maybe if there was a thread for "murder solos by other bands" it would make sense. hehe. JK...
Ok, you have a point, but it's all the same if you think about it; creativity, talent, improvisation etc... I mean, we're not going to have another thread for talent or so... Anyway, I didn't murder the solo, it's just a matter of getting the solo a bit clearer, that's all.

@blackash: As I told you on Msn man, it's well played just a shame about your tuning. Get a Boss TU-2 floor tuner.
I usually tune on Guitar Pro, I was just lazy to tune it :p I have a multi effect, but I don't think it has a tuner. It's a KORG PANDORA PX3:
0402071806qx1.jpg

Was a bit drunk last night so may have come across as a little rude.
It's ok :D

Blizzard live at subculture.

This is another clip of my band from the really important gig we played the other day (where we got offered a spot on a festival). The funny thing is, it really was as dark as it looks. Couldn't see our instruments at all. I kept smashing my teeth on the microphone hehe.

Edit: Also ripped the audio from a live track we did to put on our myspace http://www.myspace.com/snowofficial

Song is called sepia rain. A video for that song can be viewed on our Video Section

@Blackash: I messed with one of those things a few years ago... I found it interesting for really weird effects, but there wasn't that much in the realms of realistic distortion. It's a great tool for practice and limited recording, but I wouldn't recommend using it with a band when playing live, as the sound just wouldn't cut through at all. And I'd be very suprised if it didn't have a tuner on it... it's a quite a smart little device.

@Blackash: I messed with one of those things a few years ago... I found it interesting for really weird effects, but there wasn't that much in the realms of realistic distortion. It's a great tool for practice and limited recording, but I wouldn't recommend using it with a band when playing live, as the sound just wouldn't cut through at all. And I'd be very suprised if it didn't have a tuner on it... it's a quite a smart little device.
What should I get then? A pedal? Or those monster Digitechs that cost a fortune? :rolleyes:

What should I get then? A pedal? Or those monster Digitechs that cost a fortune? :rolleyes:

Well it's up to you man. Some people prefer amp tones, If that's you, go for a combo. The PV5010 is really popular at the moment, and I hear the Engl fireball is pretty much the best metal tone going. I do prefer to have a little more control on stage so I use a Boss MT2 stomp box. It's pretty much set the standard in metal effects, but only suits a certain type of playing and I agree with most, is a really messy sounding beast. Building up your own rack of pedals is fun, but if you want every effect under the sun it is going to be really costly (individual pedals costing between 80 and 150 euros... and say you get 8 seperate pedals: Distortion, EQ, Tuner, Chorus, Delay, flanger, Phaser, Tape echo (or whatever) you'll be spending close to 1000 euros).

Boss have developed the GT multi effects models to cut on the expenses of building up your own rack. The other guitarist in my band has the GT-5 and it can honestly do anything. And I mean anything. This model is really quite old considering there is now a GT8 which you should be able to purchase for around 300 euros. Thing is, the GT6 would more than likely suffice for it's extras and it's digital manipulation of tone.

Boss have developed the GT multi effects models to cut on the expenses of building up your own rack. The other guitarist in my band has the GT-5 and it can honestly do anything. And I mean anything. This model is really quite old considering there is now a GT8 which you should be able to purchase for around 300 euros. Thing is, the GT6 would more than likely suffice for it's extras and it's digital manipulation of tone.

those are awesome: my guitar teacher used to have one, you can really do anything from metal sound to light distortion, and has tons of other cool effects.

those are awesome: my guitar teacher used to have one, you can really do anything from metal sound to light distortion, and has tons of other cool effects.

I can't agree more about them being awesome. They have their downsides, but with the right amp are just unstopable. I'd say a downside is the amount of hiss that gets through when effects are piled up, but there's a really good noise gate too, however that always alters the quality of the distortion some what.

I wouldn't mind hearing some of your playing some time DS :). Have you ever done much recording song wise? Or even just the type of videos people take so they can evaluate their own technique and stuff?

i have recorded some videos when i started to play 3 years ago or something, but i wouldnt show that, they are horrible...

Recently, i havent played a lot due to a lack of time and motivation... last time i really worked on some serious stuff was probabily more than 1 year ago, but i still pick up the guitar from time to time, just for fun. i can still play some DT riffs/solos, some metallica (nothing else matters, fade to black-without the solo at the end-, i still remember some parts of master of puppets...)

And i have never created a song in my life... only a few chords or riffs...

My brother has recording equippment in Belgium, so i might try to do something when i go there next time or i could ask him to bringt it here with his laptop next time he comes... in the second case, i might do that in a month or something.

Also i never was in a band, because i used to live in a small village and there was nothing going on there :p, i almost had a band once, but i didnt like the stuff they were playing, and the tuning they used.

I made a video of one of my compositions for my band, the sound and video quality is really bad but if you want to hear good version of it its on myspace. Its Dark Tranquillity inspired in parts although lot of other influences...

Does anyone know how to compress videos so that they are smallish but then dont lose the light and clearness. The orignal video was really light but it was 200 mb and youtube limit is 100 and it just went all dark and bad quality sound when i compressed it.

link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCcnCZCMl24

and our myspace is www.myspace.com/onirica