The CURRENTLY LISTENING TO thread

51K175t23HL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Really getting into listening to classical music on a regular basis now that I'm composing originals. This be one of my favorites since our high school band played a few tunes from this.

Did you see they're playing at Jaxx on September 23rd?

Interesting. However, they have it listed as "Alcast". I don't know if they truly meant "Alcest" (a typo), or there is actually a band called "Alcast" (with an 'a') and not the same as this Alcest (with an 'e') outfit that I was listening to. If I am not busy that night, maybe I'll cruise up there and check that show out (if it indeed is the correct 'Alcest' band).

Anyway, of all places where I found out about this band was on the Klipsch forum! Between all the country and pop that I always see listed in the parallel to this thread on there, once in a while I will see a real gem. But than again, I've also managed to turn a few of those guys on there onto the music we typically feature here. :D

I'm currently listening to Innosense-At the end of the world,just got tuned into this band a couple of weeks ago and the vocals and the music is just blowing my mind. Excellent Prog Metal by all means.

Man, I can totally see Powerwolf touring with Sabaton...

Anyways, listening to one of the great underrated Progressive Metal epics here... How I wish Glenn would give them another chance, especially now with Mats Leven on vocal duties..

Adagio_underworld.jpg

Matts is now with Adagio? I wish he was back with Therion,but he's a great fit for Adagio.

Matts is now with Adagio? I wish he was back with Therion,but he's a great fit for Adagio.

Yeah, dude. Mats is singing in Adagio now and sounding really good. I kind of wish he was also still doing Therion, but I like their current singer. Here's a video of Mats singing "Fire Forever":

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. However, they have it listed as "Alcast". I don't know if they truly meant "Alcest" (a typo), or there is actually a band called "Alcast" (with an 'a') and not the same as this Alcest (with an 'e') outfit that I was listening to. If I am not busy that night, maybe I'll cruise up there and check that show out (if it indeed is the correct 'Alcest' band).

Anyway, of all places where I found out about this band was on the Klipsch forum! Between all the country and pop that I always see listed in the parallel to this thread on there, once in a while I will see a real gem. But than again, I've also managed to turn a few of those guys on there onto the music we typically feature here. :D

It probably is Alcest as they are touring with Enslaved and Ghost.