The Death of UM Old School...

This place ain't gonna die, just a little down time. It's that time of year... end of summer, kids going back to school and so on. I was out of town for a few days myself visiting a friend who runs a label in Conn (Metal Mayhem Music). Things will pick up.

Nope. Just like what Greeno said. It's that time of the year again. People go back to work, or back to school, y'know that stuff. Like me, i started my second year of College last week, and i have rough schedule. So, it'll never die, it's just slow right now, because our lives have sped up.

Get real Sixx! This is the only board I know where people treat each other with respect. And we have a community from all over the world which makes the audience as large as possible. Too much fun, too many cool people. Impossible I say. Besides there's no way of dying for UM as long as there's JD running around, hahaha. :D

Greeno said:
This place ain't gonna die, just a little down time. It's that time of year... end of summer, kids going back to school and so on. I was out of town for a few days myself visiting a friend who runs a label in Conn (Metal Mayhem Music). Things will pick up.

Cool Greeno.. what kind of metal bands does your friend sign? Me and a friend of mine are trying to get our label up and running but raising the funds is the problem so we might be looking to do a production deal with another label if your friend would be interested or any other friend's with labels that you know of.. :wave:

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
Cool Greeno.. what kind of metal bands does your friend sign? Me and a friend of mine are trying to get our label up and running but raising the funds is the problem so we might be looking to do a production deal with another label if your friend would be interested or any other friend's with labels that you know of.. :wave:

I don't think you would be interested in his label, mainly just melodic hard rock / hair metal. Here is the web addy... http://www.metalmayhem.com/

The biggest thing he's done so far is reissue Keel's "The Right To Rock", but he has a bunch new bands of the label. He's a great guy and totaly into the music. His personal collection is mind blowing!!! He has it listed on the website... 16,000 metal / hard rock discs!!! I almost passed out standing in that room... :lol:

no way sixx,dont say that,this is the only board i post on with any regularity,cause its the only one worth it!

this forum rules all,just cause its not really active all the time doesnt matter-its quality,not quantity that counts sometimes!!most importantly,for me at least,is that i feel i've made some friends here-never had friends in the usa before this board.thats too cool to lose!!

:) Now I feel special.

I try to post as much as I can but then again I don't want to post nonsense either. I'm not online as much as I used to be cuz I work long hours and I only post something if it's worth posting... and if my unnecessary opinions matter. :p

~metal_maiden~ said:
Um... am I considered a regular?
Way too regular. We have to endure those silly Johnny Depp pics a lot :p ;)

Oh, and returning to the topic:
SIXX GET A SHRINK :loco: UMOS WILL NEVER FUCKING DIE!
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

~metal_maiden~ said:
:) Now I feel special.

I try to post as much as I can but then again I don't want to post nonsense either. I'm not online as much as I used to be cuz I work long hours and I only post something if it's worth posting... and if my unnecessary opinions matter.
:p
If you're not a regular, then i'm Cinderella. And I don't see glass slippers, a pumpkin chariot, a fairy god mother,mice turning into horses or a prince charming. Wait a minute...*looks in the mirror* there he is!:D

Of course you're a regular, you silly, silly girl.:loco:

:lol: Okay, okay... :p

How ironic... all the regulars are responding to this thread... and I already posted 3 times... This board is far from dead.

Ohhhhhhhh, I'm back...the fog has lifted...the earth has shifted...and raised the gifted...you knew i'd be back so pack your bone and hit the road jack, cause daddy's home!

yeah booooooooooys...just had to get that Kid Rock outta my system.

I agree with my main man Doden's Gray who said we just need some good topics to keep the posts rollin' in.

Those SHOUT AT THE DEVIL figures are badass. Now all McFarlane needs to do is an Ed Van Halen and I will shit the bed!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a couple new discs I won off ebay if anybody wants a burn...........
LONDON QUIREBOYS - A Bit of What You Fancy - who remembers them??? 7oclock time for a party
MEGADETH - Peace Sells remaster, I knew I could win this for less than I could buy it if I was patient enough
DAVID LEE ROTH - DLR Band...a replacement copy
VAN HALEN - Demo Daze

FINALLY, to all guitarists, have you guys heard about the new EVH line by Charvel? Duplicates of the old striped models but some are gonna be done by Ed himself for auction with a production line to follow...the word is that Peavey is gonna cease making Wolfgangs after October 31...crazy....

Now keep on posting...this is more fun than watching a 3 legged dog try to bury a turd on an icy lake!

love all serve all
ted

tedvanfrehley said:
FINALLY, to all guitarists, have you guys heard about the new EVH line by Charvel? Duplicates of the old striped models

Are you sure Charvel is doing this? Kind of strange since they were Kramer guitars... but then again, Kramer is no longer around.