The Definitive Rose of Sharyn DI + Backing

Quickie mix with cheap headphones...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/536880/ROS_Savage_mast.mp3

Signal chain:
Phonic Helixboard 24 -> Boss NS-2 -> Savage 120 -> Rocktron Replifex -> Marshall 1960B -> Shure SM57

Marshall 1960 had a T75&V30 set in X-pattern. I mic'd the V30 with a SM57 straight at the edge of the dustcap about an inch away from the grill.

Lead and cleans with a tad of delay from the Replifex

Drums with SSD EX (Metal hybrid kit)
Midi bass

Probably new mix tomorrow if it sounds real shitty through my main system.

why and whereby are the D.I. tracks compressed and a little bit distorted?

sorry, i am a reamp-noob! ;)

Duders all sounds great! Seems we're running into the same problem with Kyle's DIs... they all sound really damn similar haha! Sorry my hands are so dominant :(.

Kride, you should redownload the updated DI's for the proper unmuted downbeat during the verse! Otherwise sounding good... can't say I like the SSD drums, tho.

Most of the LXTC/8505 tracks are sounding similar, kind of a sidestep from the POD more than a step up IMO.

Frankzappa, that shit has some fucking balls! What were you using there??

Scootballoo, once again digging the character and smoothness of it, but its WAY muffled - sounds like you're micing the very very edge of the cone??

Burny - it's a little grainy for my tastes but it has good definition and width/depth. Might work more for more chugg brutal stuff more than the KsE squish?

Podaobi my love I made these for you, truth told! :lol:

I did man, it's got this kind of thinness to it... like super super super djentyness that really doesn't compliment my heavy handed playing at all, IMO. It's clear as balls, but it's not really that ballsy or meaty, and loses the natural squish my palmmutes have/killswitch tone demands.

I did man, it's got this kind of thinness to it... like super super super djentyness that really doesn't compliment my heavy handed playing at all, IMO. It's clear as balls, but it's not really that ballsy or meaty, and loses the natural squish my palmmutes have/killswitch tone demands.

:D I used my djent guitar sound on this. I'll tweak the settings a bit, see if I can fill it out more.

I really don't dig that "djent" sound for this kind of music either. It just sounds really meh to be honest.
It's all about those full, powerful lower mids which is the complete opposite of "Djent" really and it's gotta have just enough air to not sound muffled, but it's still somewhat darker sounding than many other metal tones

Dude... fucking n00by out of nowhere kills it! What was the signal chain on that, dude?? It sounds really damn good! Maybe a bit under-saturated for my tastes and stuffy in the top end, but the clarity is nuts!

The hard panned guitars were lextac on red channel boosted a shitload by TSS.
80/80 was X30 for boost, the volumes were about even for all four

Cleans/leads were lextac

Not much post eq. Thanks dude hah

Hey thanks man. Honestly the quality of DI's and the backing track had alot to do with it
They were great man I need to grab a redeye

not to mention the playing was tighter than a nuns ass