The end of Slayer?

Mr. Nekrophetamine

Expendable Youth
Feb 21, 2006
Mesa, Arizona
www.last.fm
Over at UltimateGuitar/Worcester magazine, Tom Araya mentioned
how the next Slayer album will probably be the last for the band.

It'll be interesting to see if this is true, or if Kerry or Lombrado feel differently, but if it IS true...

How do you feel about it?

I love Slayer in a very non-gay way, one of my fave bands of all time, and they single-handedly got me into thrash. I'm not upset if they're disbanding now - especially with so many other bands out there that have been playing some 20-30+ years and keep regurgitating their sound, and show no signs of stopping soon because of the almighty dollar.

I'll be seeing Slayer on my birthday. :kickass: Hopefully it's not their last tour ever though. I'd be expecting a killer lineup.

they got a couple more years left in them, then i wouldnt be surprised if they called it a day. theyre getting pretty old, although, age doesnt matter if the fire and passion is still there. metal is a feeling, not defined by an age

they got a couple more years left in them, then i wouldnt be surprised if they called it a day. theyre getting pretty old, although, age doesnt matter if the fire and passion is still there. metal is a feeling, not defined by an age
Actually I think Slayer have forgotten what it's supposed to feel like. At least how it feels when you make that killer riff for a killer song on a killer album

Slayer were the first Metal band I really got into, so hearing that they may give it up is pretty crappy.

As mentioned by someone else, I better go get myself to one of their concerts next time they tour the country, before it's too late.

The end is near for all these classic thrash bands but Slayer... they aint done yet, they still have about 5 years left id say. If Tom quits Jeff or Kerry will probably start another kind of band, they are too addicted to this lifestyle.

i never understood why so many people like slayer anyway. it wouldnt bother me if they split up

I agree with the above. Abyss was their last great album. GOD HATES US ALL has some good nuggets in it, but after hearing their latest stuff... yeah....G-bye! One would think after how many years of being together that there'd be at least one solo that wasn't like a retard on chocolate playing with a beehive.

They had something going really well with "Season's" then the next album was a mess. By the way that one latest video with the eyeball and the Gung-ho American troop stuff. C'mon!? AMERICA FUCK YEAH!!!! Let me go get my Nascar hat, we'll have a jamboree.

<insert shaking head in dissapointment>

Over at UltimateGuitar/Worcester magazine, Tom Araya mentioned
how the next Slayer album will probably be the last for the band.

It'll be interesting to see if this is true, or if Kerry or Lombrado feel differently, but if it IS true...

How do you feel about it?

I don't give so much, Slayer have had their great career and now they can also close it. After all they left their own trace in the Metal history.