The end of Slayer?

Seasons was good, but the order of importance of Slayer music, and quality is the same as its chronological order.

Also, I don't think any of the band members really have anything worthwhile to contribute to other artistic ventures. I hope they can prove me wrong, but i sincerely doubt they can.

Also, I wouldn't have been unhappy if they ended it at Divine Intervention. Seasons would have been a better end point, but I can take Divine Intervention after a band releases 5 absolutely killer albums (+ some other EPs etc) including the greatest thrash metal album known to man ..

I saw them a few months ago and I have never heard a bands play a more tight and intense set as I did that night. There newest album is the best since seasons and they are sounding fantastic

Well Tom said that their next album will probably be their last, but that doesn't mean they will stop touring as soon as that happens. They have more years of performing integrity than creative integrity in them, so at last they could do what so many have called for, mainly "stop writing crappy albums and play more shows".

If they're not at that point yet, they're damn close to it. For as little as I care about their recent releases, it's still kind of painful to see Slayer fall into the aging rocker archetype, where their golden age of recorded output has been dead in the cold ground for so long while still having a strong enough legacy to tour for years without any new material to promote.

Fortunately, they still have a live show that's solid enough to keep them from looking like total has-beens...so far.

South Of Heaven is my fave Slayer album.

But as someone else said my face fell when i saw the thread title.
They've always just kinda been there.

I saw them live last month but I feel like I have to see them again if they do decide to split, to know that I saw them as many times as I could.

Dän;6404836 said:
I saw them a few months ago and I have never heard a bands play a more tight and intense set as I did that night. There newest album is the best since seasons and they are sounding fantastic

I saw them last year in a hockey arena. The stage was at one end I I sat half-way up on the opposite end to get the best acoustics. It sounded amazing and was loud as fuck even though we were far away.

And the best part was, they only played 2 post-Seasons songs ("Disciple" and "Cult") so almost the whole set was straight classics. It was one of the best performances I've ever experienced.

1. Show No Mercy
2. Hell Awaits
3. South of Heaven
4. Reign In Blood
5. Seasons In The Abyss
6. Haunting The Chapel. If HtC had 6 to 8 songs it would be the best Slayer album.

Everything else from the band has shitty music and production. I would not even go see Slayer live because they would butcher their own songs with their new gay guitar tone.

Slayer can stop to make albums, because they have changed Metal by recording "Reign in blood". But I like their last album, although I didn't hang with the 2 precedents.

They haven't released anything noteworthy since Seasons In The Abyss so it's about time they called it quits.

Tom Says No Plan For Retirement
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=78557
MP3.com: Is it getting harder as time passes maybe to get your energy up for live shows or touring?

Araya: No. No, you know, it doesn't because the music just kicks you in gear, just the vibe and the excitement and I'm a performer so then the nerves — it's just like, "I hope I don't forget anything. I don't want to forget words," and just jitters, show jitters, I still get them. Some days are stronger than others. But I mean, it's like a nervous energy that you just kind of channel it. And that's what I do, I channel that nervous energy and it just it makes the set go by real quick. [Laughs.]

MP3.com: So there are no plans for retirement or anything like that?

Araya: No, not at the moment. I mean, at the moment we all still feel strong and capable. [Laughs.] It's the music that kind of carries you and the energy and then the crowd too, and then sometimes you have your off days, some days you have your great days, you have your bad days and we all have days like that. And we're no different. There are some times that that comes across onstage when you've just had a bad day and it's even coming across on stage that, man, you've just had a shitty day today. I, myself, feel really young at heart so I don't have any worries about anything. I'm serious, for the music that we do and the intensity that we play, we're all pretty much still young at heart.

Over at UltimateGuitar/Worcester magazine, Tom Araya mentioned
how the next Slayer album will probably be the last for the band.

It'll be interesting to see if this is true, or if Kerry or Lombrado feel differently, but if it IS true...

How do you feel about it?

I love Slayer in a very non-gay way, one of my fave bands of all time, and they single-handedly got me into thrash. I'm not upset if they're disbanding now - especially with so many other bands out there that have been playing some 20-30+ years and keep regurgitating their sound, and show no signs of stopping soon because of the almighty dollar.

I'll be seeing Slayer on my birthday. :kickass: Hopefully it's not their last tour ever though. I'd be expecting a killer lineup.

i thinks it's better, cuz i wouldn't tolerate another god hate us all

I saw them last year in a hockey arena. The stage was at one end I I sat half-way up on the opposite end to get the best acoustics. It sounded amazing and was loud as fuck even though we were far away.

And the best part was, they only played 2 post-Seasons songs ("Disciple" and "Cult") so almost the whole set was straight classics. It was one of the best performances I've ever experienced.

Sounds good man; where I live doesnt have a big population so they played to a packed 2000 hall, awesome atmosphere and I was about 5 rows from the front in front of Kerry. They played i think 4 songs from CI and only bloodline from the shit ablums, the rest were classics.