The end of Slayer?

Their last album should have been Seasons in the Abyss

after 86 tey should have started releasing demos with differnt configurations of songs from Hell awaits, haunting the chapel and reign in blood. and tthe song black magic too, even if i love show no mercy. but if they call it quits i think i may have a nervous breakdown i love them (in a nongay way). except for dave lombardo in the 80s, i am gay for 80s dave lombardo, and proud!

also south seasons decade were good and divine could have been better.

Good for them, I reckon. They have the pull to continue touring and producing shit albums ad infinitum; God knows I seem to continue to buy them, despite the nagging feeling that I know they will be shite. They could continue to produce the same old crap, but in all honesty, I would much rather see the name retired while it still has some integrity left in it, and I would also like to see what the band members could achieve in other bands not so constrained by their old legacy.

They probbaly have made enough money to live on now, I liked thier latets stuff I heard off Christ Illusion though, Cult and Jihad, but it doesn't touch that song Raining Blood.

Well many people thought Slayer pretty much died after Seasons anyway... personally I disagree. I thought DI was great and the last one was entertaining also. And of course they have always destroyed live. I'm seeing them on the 21st this month (4th time in all). I'm sure it will be fun. Hopefully I'll be able to see them a few more times before they call it quits.

Well Tom said that their next album will probably be their last, but that doesn't mean they will stop touring as soon as that happens. They have more years of performing integrity than creative integrity in them, so at last they could do what so many have called for, mainly "stop writing crappy albums and play more shows".

...while in Carcassian corner, we mostly worship at the altar of South Of Heaven - because it has the most excellent atmosphere and sounds like a coherent whole. You can have a song for every occasion (that is, if the occasion equals zombies, Hell or war. Or any combination thereof).

Plus, it has THE best Judas Priest cover of all time on it (maybe excepting the King Diamond version of "The Ripper").

I actually really enjoyed Divine Intervention. I liked one song off Diabolus (Screaming from the Sky, as you asked), and everything else after that has really ceased to hold my attention.

Slayer are still great live, but then, do you really want to continue to watch vegas acts ? (Of course, Heaven and Hell are an exception!)

...while in Carcassian corner, we mostly worship at the altar of South Of Heaven - because it has the most excellent atmosphere and sounds like a coherent whole. You can have a song for every occasion (that is, if the occasion equals zombies, Hell or war. Or any combination thereof).
Wow, we actually agree on something for a change:kickass:

And I really liked the title track on Seasons, don't really remember anything else from that album.

It's about time.

I have to agree just based on the live performances I've been seeing lately. At the last show they played that I went too, I was totally floored that the Araya & co. could look and sound so utterly bored on stage.

Blood Red, Spirit in Black and Skeletons of Society FTW! Seasons is my 2nd favourite Slayer album, fact fans.