The end of Slayer?

Yeh, while god and diablos were shit house, at least they were still heavy, and for the most part agressive like the slayer of old; not like fucken load reload. And CI is a great album

I wouldn't be too disappointed if they end it after there next album, since they've put out enough music to last for me. I would be pretty pissed if they stopped touring anytime soon though, since I've only seen them once so far. (I'm 15)

I don't know, I certainly don't understand the hate towards this band. At least they didn't pull a Metallica and head stright into the hard rock category. Though GHUA was a big dissapointment for me, Christ Illusion was alot better and was a good step in the right direction. As for the end of Slayer, I hope they end on a good note.

Unfortunately I would say it is probably time, they toom like 5 years between releases on the last one and they probably do not feel it like it they should to be making the ultimate albums anymore. I love Slayer especially the earlier stuff as they were a great influence on my musical journey but the time has come. I can see Kerry King starting a new band or working with some artist for atleast another 10 years though and hopefully it will give him some new life and make another epic metal album.

Tom Says No Plan For Retirement
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=78557
MP3.com: Is it getting harder as time passes maybe to get your energy up for live shows or touring?

Araya: No. No, you know, it doesn't because the music just kicks you in gear, just the vibe and the excitement and I'm a performer so then the nerves — it's just like, "I hope I don't forget anything. I don't want to forget words," and just jitters, show jitters, I still get them. Some days are stronger than others. But I mean, it's like a nervous energy that you just kind of channel it. And that's what I do, I channel that nervous energy and it just it makes the set go by real quick. [Laughs.]

MP3.com: So there are no plans for retirement or anything like that?

Araya: No, not at the moment. I mean, at the moment we all still feel strong and capable. [Laughs.] It's the music that kind of carries you and the energy and then the crowd too, and then sometimes you have your off days, some days you have your great days, you have your bad days and we all have days like that. And we're no different. There are some times that that comes across onstage when you've just had a bad day and it's even coming across on stage that, man, you've just had a shitty day today. I, myself, feel really young at heart so I don't have any worries about anything. I'm serious, for the music that we do and the intensity that we play, we're all pretty much still young at heart.