The ENSLAVED thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opeth > Enslaved

IMO I have yet to hear an Enslaved song that includes more than some riffs, some prog thrown in, and some vocals. From what I've heard (Ruun) they don't have any story to their songs or any real concept within their songs. Where is their "Still Life" or "MAYH" ie. concept albums with a complete storyline. Where is their mellow songs with only clean vocals, their "To Bid You Farewell", where is their "Black Rose Immortal" epic masterpiece or "Deliverance" instrumental display of power. Once again I don't know for sure, maybe they have some of these moments in their music so if they do tell me. kthnx

metal_wrath said:
Opeth > Enslaved

IMO I have yet to hear an Enslaved song that includes more than some riffs, some prog thrown in, and some vocals. From what I've heard (Ruun) they don't have any story to their songs or any real concept within their songs. Where is their "Still Life" or "MAYH" ie. concept albums with a complete storyline. Where is their mellow songs with only clean vocals, their "To Bid You Farewell", where is their "Black Rose Immortal" epic masterpiece or "Deliverance" instrumental display of power. Once again I don't know for sure, maybe they have some of these moments in their music so if they do tell me. kthnx

Where is your stfu-button?

metal_wrath said:
Opeth > Enslaved

You know, with a little bit of proof reading, you could avoid these insensate comments.

NineFeetUnderground said:
well, i thought Opeth had climaxed after being let down a bit with damnation and deliverence overall. but i think ghost reveries was definitely a solid step up, so i cant pass judgement just yet on what Mike has left in him.
agreed. but thats just it - ghost reveries is just a solid step up, nothing to exciting at all. tbh they hit their climax somewhere in the mayh/sl/bwp era.

metal_wrath said:
Opeth > Enslaved

yeah enslaved arent obsessed with viking lore at all either

the only enslaved song i can think of off the top of my head that has all clean vocals is Hollow Inside (on Monumension).

but enslaved are full of those "moments" and i'll make a post later detailing some of them

Where Opeth has special sides that Enslaved does not have, Enslaved has just as many special sides that Opeth does not have. For example something I especially like about Enslaved, and that Opeth has never accomplished yet, is the way (best heard on Below The Lights) they utilise keyboards to make these weirdass psychadelic dreaded atmospheres. They're both amazing bands but you can't say that one is superior to the other, only that you enjoy one of them more than the other, and that is a subjective choice for everyone.

Opethian666 said:
Where Opeth has special sides that Enslaved does not have, Enslaved has just as many special sides that Opeth does not have. For example something I especially like about Enslaved, and that Opeth has never accomplished yet, is the way (best heard on Below The Lights) they utilise keyboards to make these weirdass psychadelic dreaded atmospheres. They're both amazing bands but you can't say that one is superior to the other, only that you enjoy one of them more than the other, and that is a subjective choice for everyone.

yes, we possibly couldnt say one is better than another, for that might start a disagreement, and people should never disagree, about anything. i think we should all just sit here quietly, to avoid any conflict of any kind. in fact, i shouldnt even be saying this, in case someone disagrees. oh my gosh paradox arguments bad scary omgomgomg *hides*

metal_wrath said:
Opeth > Enslaved

Another brilliant display of stupidity by the man himself..

NFU said:
yes, we possibly couldnt say one is better than another, for that might start a disagreement, and people should never disagree, about anything. i think we should all just sit here quietly, to avoid any conflict of any kind. in fact, i shouldnt even be saying this, in case someone disagrees. oh my gosh paradox arguments bad scary omgomgomg *hides*

Stay off the crack man :erk:

My Arms said:
Where is your stfu-button?

step 1 - click on User CP
step 2 - click on Buddy / Ignore Lists (located under the Miscellaneous)
step 3 - type "metal_wrath" in one of the Ignore List boxes
step 4 - click on Update Ignore List

average stalker said:
step 1 - click on User CP
step 2 - click on Buddy / Ignore Lists (located under the Miscellaneous)
step 3 - type "metal_wrath" in one of the Ignore List boxes
step 4 - click on Update Ignore List
step 5 - kill yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.