The ENSLAVED thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, i just listened to it for the first time in like 5 years, and besides 793, and some select moments of other songs, i just don't really think it's all that spectacular. In fact, i don't even really remember why i liked it as much as i did. I think i was tricking myself.

I've found that Eld is the album that grew on me the most - started off thinking it was pretty average and then really started appreciating it a while later.

ELD is a good enslaved album. IMO, they were experimenting on that record, and were not very focused. However, I must agree that exp) Monumension, Below the Lights, Isa and Runn are much better. Absolutely one of the best bands working today in Metal.

by the way what do you guys think of Mardraum? didn't see to much talk about it in this thread

mardraum is pretty sexy. although its not nearly as consistant as monumension needed to hold my attention the way monumension does. experimentation without any direction and lacking the confidence to do it was mardraums flaw, although its still a good album with some fantastic parts in it.

Mardraum has some of my favorite Enslaved tunes on it, like the title track, and storre enn tid - tyngre enn natt, but it does seem a bit inconsistent, with some kind of bad songs. I think i shall listen to it now.

exactly what i think, the title track, in english "larger than time - heavier than night" is definetly one of my fav enslaved tunes

yes. but its extremely overrated by people trapped in regressive time capsules of primitive behavior and taste like hibernal dream and my man mahmoud.

Eld is a pretty dull album - not flat out gay like their later releases, but it just sort of sits around treading water. It's pretty much the technique of the previous album applied to goofy, Manowar style hooks.

Eld is a pretty dull album - not flat out gay like their later releases, but it just sort of sits around treading water. It's pretty much the technique of the previous album applied to goofy, Manowar style hooks.

Why do you enjoy so much bringing up how bad you think the later albums are? also: How special do you have to be to not like their later stuff? any tips recommended, i'm sick of enjoying the music i listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.