The Fathomless Mastery Reviews - What do you think about it?

Well, the style is the same, the quality improved. What most people complained about on UTP, that the guitars were too much in the background, is 'solved' on TFM, they are clearly more in the forefront. Soundwise not a whole lot changed, just slightly improved basically (improved snare sound).

The style is the same but the material just isnt as good.
At first i didnt like the low guitars on UTP either, I think most of us complained about that cause we were used to the loud guitars in the past. I got used to it fast though and with this "new" style and muddy guitarrsound i think it works much better that way, more vocaldriven.

I see a lot of you are discussing the sound/mix of this album. I think the production is absolutely kick-ass and Mr Castillo did a great job. Snare sounds killer and the mix is very powerful overall.

Problem is in the material which is simply not good enough. Sodomizer made 2 out of the 4 songs I actually enjoy, while on UTP he contributed with the least interesting stuff. He might have improved a bit, but mostly I think it's because of a lower standard. There are nothing even near "Ways to the Grave", "Breeding Death", "Furnace Funeral", "Bathe in Blood", "So You Die", "Cancer of the Soul", or "Eaten" on this record. Nope.

I'm glad there's nothing on it like Eaten because it's a generic chug fest song. sure it can be fun, but it's not musically interesting.

It must be expectations one has from the band Bloodbath and their sound that people are disappointed with, it simply cannot be the plain quality of the material in itself, cause it slams 99,9% of all (death) metal bands out there to hell and beyond.

How can any fan of great (death) metal listen to songs like At the Behest of their Death, Treasonous, Hades Rising, Wretched Human Mirror, Drink from the Cup of Heresy and not get a serious adrenaline injection.

Anyway, it's just guessing from my side, looking for an explanation for the overal luke response to this album on this forum so far, it's just 180 degrees opposite of what I expected.

It might also be too early still. It actually took me several months to appreciate UTP fully, particularly Sick Salvation, didn't like it much at first, now I like it just as much as the first 2 songs, it's awesome. Only Mouth of Empty Praise stays behind a bit.

Let's see what the response will be in a few weeks, when everybody's got their CD and had enough time to let it all sink in.

I´m totally agreed with L0bster, the songs are not very good.I´ve listened to the album 4 times, and i really like 2 o 3 songs.

The rest of songs are a bit boring..they sound like a "B" class death metal band....i love all the albums ..but this one...........

I really like all their previous album at first listening, i´m not talking about to get familiar to the songs.

I think most of the songs on last album lacks of memorable moments, melodies,riffs and good compositions that has all previous ones.

they sound on "The Fathomless Mastery" like a "b" death metal band.

It must be expectations one has from the band Bloodbath and their sound that people are disappointed with, it simply cannot be the plain quality of the material in itself, cause it slams 99,9% of all (death) metal bands out there to hell and beyond.

How can any fan of great (death) metal listen to songs like At the Behest of their Death, Treasonous, Hades Rising, Wretched Human Mirror, Drink from the Cup of Heresy and not get a serious adrenaline injection.

Anyway, it's just guessing from my side, looking for an explanation for the overal luke response to this album on this forum so far, it's just 180 degrees opposite of what I expected.

It might also be too early still. It actually took me several months to appreciate UTP fully, particularly Sick Salvation, didn't like it much at first, now I like it just as much as the first 2 songs, it's awesome. Only Mouth of Empty Praise stays behind a bit.

Let's see what the response will be in a few weeks, when everybody's got their CD and had enough time to let it all sink in.

Of course its a good album, im comparing it to their own earlier releases, nothing else. I thought UTP would be a taste of what was to come, thus expecting something even better from TFM, but there are parts that sounds rushed and like leftovers compared to the EP, quite a few riffs that actually bores me. And since they took away some of the punch from the vox it just falls flat at alot of places for me.

I've heard it numerous times every day since it leaked and atm its not growing at all. I know UTP grew and got better for every damn listen, and I think it still does! I'l probably rate that fucker as the best release of the year.

Then of course Its alot easier to keep a higher quality on 12min of music compared to 40min.

A "B" class death metal ( or whatever) band does not mean a bad one at all.I mean about the lack of high class deah metal moments that they had on all previous releases.

That´s what i meant when i said a "b" class death metal release.it´s not a bad album at all, but i expected a killer album, with brilliant songs after UTP mini cd, and the return of the almighty mike on vocals.

Anyway i will support the band ( as always) buying the vinyl when it will be released.

Of course its a good album, im comparing it to their own earlier releases, nothing else. I thought UTP would be a taste of what was to come, thus expecting something even better from TFM, but there are parts that sounds rushed and like leftovers compared to the EP, quite a few riffs that actually bores me. And since they took away some of the punch from the vox it just falls flat at alot of places for me.

I've heard it numerous times every day since it leaked and atm its not growing at all. I know UTP grew and got better for every damn listen, and I think it still does! I'l probably rate that fucker as the best release of the year.

Then of course Its alot easier to keep a higher quality on 12min of music compared to 40min.

Could not be more agreed with you...it´s not growing at all..i really like 2 o 3 tunes..but most parts of the songs..and riffs bores me a lot!

I´ve just put my UTP original cd on my cd player..and it´s fucking kills!!!..massive sound..songs..and mike vocals are inhuman!!

don´t know how to say...but each time i listening to new cd more disappointed i am.

The opening track is killer..Treasonous and the last one has killer melodies and riffs, but the rest of the songs bores me.

The rest of the album has good moments within the songs, some cool riff here and there, but that does not make a high class bloodbath album for me.

Well, 4 times isnt really much at all. Im sure it will grow alot for you the comming days.

Yeah thats true...first time i dident know what to think of it...a couple of more spins like 5 or 6 :D and now i totally like it....good work on this one imo....

I really like all their previous album at first listening, i´m not talking about to get familiar to the songs.

I think most of the songs on last album lacks of memorable moments, melodies,riffs and good compositions that has all previous ones.

they sound on "The Fathomless Mastery" like a "b" death metal band.

my thoughts exactly.
the fathomless mastery is my second least favorite record.