The Fitness Thread

I watch TV and eat leftovers from meetings at work.

I was working out about 2 years ago and enjoying it. I had a torn rotator cuff that limited my ability to push my workouts, so I got shoulder surgery. Haven't worked out since.

I also enjoy movies and popcorn.

This is typical me, but i didn't actually tear anything, but i accidentally broke the bone of my left hand during lifting 3 years ago, and when i lift heavy objects, i feel pain, so i am not thinking of lifting anymore.

I should also say I am 6'1'', 180lbs.

Oddly enough I last time I checked I lost about 6-7 lbs after I had started weight training for a month and a half.

I can only do about 30 push ups. I haven't exercised since I finished compulsory sports at school. I'm thinking of starting to go swimming regularly again though. I only mean once or twice a week btw.

Gorilla arms FTMFW! Try some of these: shrugs, military presses, bavarian deadlift, barbell dead lifts, dumbbell raises over head, ect., ect. Most of these work your entire upper torso, so have at it. And most of them burn like the aftermath of the hooker you stuck your dip stick in last night. :headbang:

Also there is what me and a friend call 'ews and ahs' it's a military press where you start behind your head on your shoulders (like a squat), raise the curl bar over your head then lower the curl bar in front of your face down below your chin. Do those and you'll be feeling the fire of desire!
I actually don't know what any of those are. Google time.

I am one of the biggest dudes here in terms of size and I seem to be one of the weakest.
I'm pretty sure I'm taller than you. Not size-wise, though.

I watch TV and eat leftovers from meetings at work.

I was working out about 2 years ago and enjoying it. I had a torn rotator cuff that limited my ability to push my workouts, so I got shoulder surgery. Haven't worked out since.

I also enjoy movies and popcorn.
It's okay, though, because you're like 20 years older than everyone else here. You can make your kid work out for you.

oh.
I realized this might be relevant, I'm about 6'5 and 200 pounds at last weigh in (a while ago).

I picked up some Kre-Alkalyn, probably a waste of money but supposedly engineered better than Creatine powder and you don't need to train your body to the Creatine. We'll see, i couldn't find any powder for a decent price either way, fucking Ohio sucks.

Also my ex-gf's brother gave me a bottle of DHEA, does this stuff work?

80% is what you eat. If you eat clean you stay lean. The rest is bullshit.

Burn more calories than you eat and lift heavy weight.

Jogging is useless. Interval training is ace. RUN!

Definitely the hardest part. I did this and lost 10 pounds, but it was extremely hard.

It's definitely the most important part of getting cut. Eating healthier and cutting out all the bull shit will get you on the path. Then just keep pumping the iron and intaking a shit ton of protein. :headbang:

Any suggestion on love handle burning exercises? These things are completely stubborn and jogging isn't cutting it.

I'm generally fairly fit/athletic naturally. Like my general frame is fairly lean aside form the beer gut Ive aqquired over the past year or so I still am in relatively good shape.

The problem I have though is putting muscle on my arms. They're pretty skinny and generally get toned rather than built.

Any tips?

Indeed, build for strength. Ask Belligerent or SkiesAtOurFeet if you want some crazy protein shit, otherwise just eat a lot of chicken I guess.

I'm generally fairly fit/athletic naturally. Like my general frame is fairly lean aside form the beer gut Ive aqquired over the past year or so I still am in relatively good shape.

The problem I have though is putting muscle on my arms. They're pretty skinny and generally get toned rather than built.

Any tips?

Like the other guys said before, less reps more weight. If you've never lifted weights before you should start with a weight that's comfortable for you (though you should also pick one that at least gives you some level of challenge), usually guys start at 15 pounds (dumbell curl) and real frail guys start at 10. The standard pretty much is 3 to 4 sets of 8 to 10 reps and you should gradually go to a higher weight resistance as you get stronger (usually one or two weeks, depending on your work out regimen). Oh and btw, don't forget to keep an eye on your diet, lots of protein (red meats are a must) and use protein shakes if you are not into diet regimens.

Hope that helps.

So I fucked my OTHER knee up (had troubles with the right and now the left) further hindering my efforts at losing fat. Jesus Christ. It's like I've all of a sudden turned into an injury prone piece of shit. It's annoying.