The Food Thread.

I cooked some coconut-chocolate cakes and cheese-filled mushrooms for the New Year's party. They both look a bit icky indeed, but I'm pretty proud no one complained about their taste. Nor did anyone end up at the hospital cause of the mushrooms. :lol:
30icewg.jpg

33woysi.jpg

I cooked some coconut-chocolate cakes and cheese-filled mushrooms for the New Year's party. They both look a bit icky indeed, but I'm pretty proud no one complained about their taste. Nor did anyone end up at the hospital cause of the mushrooms. :lol:

Mushrooms?`AND CHEESE? Sounds godlike to me

Yay! This thread lives still!

So I took two steaks, rubbed black pepper, cumin, and garlic all over that shit, and let it soak in some wochester and lime.
Fucking GREAT fajitas, with some guac. Soo good. Also using the oven a bit more, made some Shortbread with cannibutter for a party we did a few weeks ago (which apparently fucked up everyone, but me >8(, tolerance and whatnot).

Thanks snowy for helping remind Jewnas hes a total fag, and no one likes him here or real life, he can't cook, and isn't welcome in my thread.

The 31st of december I went to a Japanese restaurant with 13 other people and it was an all-you-can-eat-buffet for 25 euros each. Raw salmon is kinda nice, actually (and I normally despise fish), I also tasted austriche (which tasted like catfood), kangaroo (yum) and roe-deer :). The lychee-sorbet and coconut icecream were delicious as well :D. I like cheap, yummy food :D

The 31st of december I went to a Japanese restaurant with 13 other people and it was an all-you-can-eat-buffet for 25 euros each. Raw salmon is kinda nice, actually (and I normally despise fish), I also tasted austriche (which tasted like catfood), kangaroo (yum) and roe-deer :). The lychee-sorbet and coconut icecream were delicious as well :D. I like cheap, yummy food :D

Does your diet normally include cat food? :err:

I want one of the coconut chocolate cakes.
*e-mails* :p
They're actually so easy to bake, you just need to make the dough or pastry or whatever properly, do a cocoa and butter syrup and that's pretty much it.
Mushrooms?`AND CHEESE? Sounds godlike to me
Yeah, they're pretty damn tasty indeed. I'm not actually a huge mushroom fan, but I could never refuse them when they're cooked that way.

sorbet, icecream
We don't have an omnomnom emoticon. :(

Jesus, everything on this thread sounds fucking incredible. Except the McD's, I hate that shit. I'll take the catfood over it. =\

I'm especially interested in everything that Vitorias is talking about.

I've eaten loads today because for the pre/post funeral parties the hosts prepared loads of food and noone else was eating much so I thought that i'd show my appreciation and eat a lot of it.

@ StoneWoman: those pics are amazing! I am sure those tasted great! I like a lot both foods, to be honest. :)

Here is the homemade pasta I did two days ago:

homemadepasta.jpg

homemadepasta1.jpg

...in italian they're called "orecchiette", which means something like "lil' ears".

And here are some tagliatelle, or better, these are "reginette" because of the curly-edge which makes them a tiny bit different...

homemadepasta2.jpg

...these were done a while ago, but I'm posting them anyway.

@ Victim of the Night: Me wants. Both. Right now :lol: The orecchiette look perfect, I bet they were absolutely awesome.

Thank you, girl!

They said they tasted good, so I'm glad about it... and I'm glad none of us died after eating them, so I guess they were at least okay, yes. :lol:

Next time I do them again, I'll send you some. :cool: XD