The Food Thread.

:lol: well Norway has like two national dishes, one is cod soaked in Sodium ******ide, the other is like.. Boiled sheep head.

smalahove_served.jpg

Yum yum.

smalahove_172234296.jpg

Lutefisk.jpg

I don't think it's much better :lol:

i image the texture taste awful xd

Actually,its delicious.Here we call it pura and we make it with corn flour,pork fat and kaymak(some sort of clotted cream with high percentage of milk fat, typically about 60-80%).At least this is the simple recipe for traditional pura and its really delicious.Stonewoman posted a pic of instant pura i think and instant ones are complete shit imo.

@Vitorias: I have no idea about whether the one in the pic is instant or not, we don't have any types of it, here we call it "mămăligă" and there's just one way to cook it. And we don't use any pork fat either, perhaps that's what makes the difference, dunno. :lol:

No. I said I cook so well it makes Jamie Oliver look like hes making garbage food in comparison. And yeah, it was a joke, I dont cook quite that well, but I cook ok.

You really dont know me and have just decided to loathe at me. This stereotype of Joonas will never disappear from this forum. Its funny how most of people who know me consider me a cool guy dont you think. However Ive just about had enough with this forum of losers.

I think it's because you can't expect people to know if you're joking by the tone of your texts. Everything is taken as a serious statement unless it's either incredibly goofy, or you make it perfectly clear that you were joking immediately following the joke. D=

Dude, even the food thread became a flaming/bitching place. :(
Also, today I'm gonna have a traditional romanian dish, which looks like this:
IMG_6464.jpg

Italians have pasta, Japanese have sushi, Turkish people have kebab, and all we could come up with was that ^ :lol:

It does just kinda look like mushed up corn with some sour cream... But I'd eat it, and probably like it.

:lol: well Norway has like two national dishes, one is cod soaked in Sodium ******ide, the other is like.. Boiled sheep head.

I would eat both of those two things, as well.. I don't think the boiled sheep's head could really be very good just based on the fact that I can't imagine that there'd be much meat on it.

And I love fish, even if it is really salty, hah.

What's that third picture of? That actually looks pretty tasty.

I wanna visit different countries and try eating their strange dishes. But someone was telling me about some Philippine delicasy where you break open a duck egg, suck it all out from the bottom including the half formed duck fetus that's already begun growing feathers- and the yoke is all veiny and the placenta is a hard substance at the very end. I don't think I could handle that. x_x

I would eat both of those two things, as well.. I don't think the boiled sheep's head could really be very good just based on the fact that I can't imagine that there'd be much meat on it.

And I love fish, even if it is really salty, hah.

What's that third picture of? That actually looks pretty tasty.

Actually the head is considered to be the best part of the cheap, apparently the most tender meats are on the head, maybe not a LOT of it, but apparently more htan suifficient for a person. Also the eyes are eaten, and considered the very best part.

The last picture is of a generic serving of Lutefisk.

why it's smoking? :lol:

Rofl i didnt notice untill now :lol: Probably just for lulz :p

Boiled sheep eyes? I'd be curious to try it. I still don't think I'd like the sheep head idea as much, though- I prefer mass amounts of meat, regardless of how tender it is. But I understand what you mean.

Lutefisk? The only thing on the plate that looks familiar are the two, small, yellow potatoes. Those are potatoes, right? XD

And I thought the cigarette was the only reason you posted the picture, haha.

While watching all those yummy pics of sheep eyes ´n stuff, I felt the strong urge to post some of the butter tarts I made for christmas :D Found the recipe in the interwebz, maybe some "real" Canadian in here could tell me if they look as they should :lol: (at least I´ve been told that it´s a canadian delicacy, not that I know if that´s true or how they should taste either...;) )
img2120.jpg

Those butter tarts do look amazing. I've never had a butter tart before, though.

What is that, Vitorias? It looks like corned beef hash mixed with refried beans, haha. And what's the stuff in the middle of the green pepper? Ugh, I want corned beef hash now...

I went to a steak house called Tahoe Joe's last night. Amazing.

What is that, Vitorias? It looks like corned beef hash mixed with refried beans, haha. And what's the stuff in the middle of the green pepper? Ugh, I want corned beef hash now...

Haha,we call it ''pljeskavica'' here.Its some sort of the hamburger patty made of lamb or beef and a lot of onion,sometimes ist mixed with smoked pork meat.Its served with bread called ''somun''.In fast food restaurants its served with a lot of different things like kashkaval,ajvar,urnebes, a lot of different salads and vegetables.That stuff in the middle is kaymak,traditional bosnian cream cheese.

That looks pretty delicious. I´d love it grilled a bit too dark, with heaps of onions as you said and reeeeally spicy with some peperoni added, that would go very well. What is urnebes?

I have this Norwegian salmon stuff ready waiting in my fridge. I also use rosemary in this (not just black and white pepper). Another thing where I use rosemary is jasmin rise. Holy shit that stuff's fresh. I just don't wanna eat rise cuz it generates belly. Only because of that.

graavaus.jpg

So instead with this stuff I use potatoes and salad. I make very good salad. Come see.

This is not my pic, I should post own pics form my kitchen..

That looks pretty delicious. I´d love it grilled a bit too dark, with heaps of onions as you said and reeeeally spicy with some peperoni added, that would go very well. What is urnebes?

Urnebes is very hot salad,made of cottage cheese, a lot of onions,garlic,grinded dry red peppers,chopped chilie peppers and a bit of tomato ketchup.Its used with barbeque and grilled meat.