The Food Thread.

Had awesome pork roast about a week ago:

250ml Soy Sauce
Half cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic
350 ml apple juice

Mix all well...poor over pork...stick in oven for 5-6 hours (depending on size of the piece of meat)

We made a cake and I only took a pic after half of it had been eaten. :lol:
2uop7br.jpg
it looks like it's made out of cereal :err:

17012010002.jpg

Before it went in the oven for 45 minutes..
how does it stick to the wall, is what i wanna know! :p

That looks fucking awesome, i love squash
a squash is a pumpkin, i thought... because butternutsquash is the best pumpkin you can get :D /my contribution

You're the first person I've seen agree with me on this. Except on the pesto part. I don't even know what that is.

I would also like to take this opportunity to express my undying hatred for grated cheese. I abhorre it with the white hot intensity of a million stars. Supergiants, mind you.

screw you chesse hate :mad:

@ SaatananPieniSisar and Muffin: I've always know zuchini to be a type of squash. Other types being banana squash, pumpkins, etc. Regardless, I fucking love zuchini and that dish looks amazing.

Leandro: Pesto is a thick sauce, more like a paste, made from a lot of basil, pine nuts, olive oil, and Parmesan. You can get little tubs of it at the supermarket. Give it a try! It's good on everything, so if you don't wanna try it on pasta, try using it as a dipping sauce for chicken or something. But why do you hate grated cheese? The cheese in the pesto shouldn't be too strong tasting, btw.

@ SaatananPieniSisar and Muffin: I've always know zuchini to be a type of squash. Other types being banana squash, pumpkins, etc. Regardless, I fucking love zuchini and that dish looks amazing.

Leandro: Pesto is a thick sauce, more like a paste, made from a lot of basil, pine nuts, olive oil, and Parmesan. You can get little tubs of it at the supermarket. Give it a try! It's good on everything, so if you don't wanna try it on pasta, try using it as a dipping sauce for chicken or something. But why do you hate grated cheese? The cheese in the pesto shouldn't be too strong tasting, btw.

Cause the parmesan tastes like vomit! If pesto tastes ANYTHING like grated cheese, even the smallest note, then I hate it.

Out of all of the things that I've said looked/sounded good on this thread, pasta is not one of them. I don't like pasta. Unless it has pesto sauce. =

Used to eat shittons of pasta all the time. Its so easy to make large amounts of, that last forever. I got sick of it, and couldnt eat it for months though, had it waayyy too often. though, homemade sauce is great, mainly because you can pit whatever you want in it. Made my first attempt a few weeks ago, had pancetta, red wine and black olives :D

Though when homemade is too much work, Hunt's Thick and Rich with red pepper is awesome, with some extra garlic and onions added in.

^Agreed.

Cause the parmesan tastes like vomit! If pesto tastes ANYTHING like grated cheese, even the smallest note, then I hate it.

Ohh! I know what you're talking about, dude. Well, parmesan doesn't actually taste like vomit in itself, to me, but when I'm done eating, I can smell the smell of vomit on my lips. So I know kind of where you're coming from. But still, pesto doesn't taste like that to me at all, and I don't get that smell afterwards, either. It's mostly basil.

Used to eat shittons of pasta all the time. Its so easy to make large amounts of, that last forever. I got sick of it, and couldnt eat it for months though, had it waayyy too often. though, homemade sauce is great, mainly because you can pit whatever you want in it. Made my first attempt a few weeks ago, had pancetta, red wine and black olives :D

Though when homemade is too much work, Hunt's Thick and Rich with red pepper is awesome, with some extra garlic and onions added in.

I've had homemade, with homemade sauces, and a bunch of different kinds of sauces. But it all tastes the same to me. Like garbage covered in a tomato sauce. I do eat pasta, however. But only because I'm a poor college student.