The Food Thread.

Here you go, love. All translated ;)
For 3-4 people

• 400 gr. kidney beans (we used like less than half, because we had the audacity to buy chili kidney beans :p)
• 400 gr. minced meat
• one big onion
• 2 cloves of sliced garlic
• 1 fresh red chili pepper without the seeds, in small pieces
• ½ tea spoon thyme
• 1 humongous tomato, without skin cut into big pieces
• 400 gr. tomatoes in pieces out of a can
• 3 table spoons of tomato puree
• 100 ml beef stock
• 1 laurel leaf (we added the dried herb version)
• 1 cinnamon... stick? (we used the dried herb version again)
• 2 tea spoons of mild paprika powder (we used chili powder)
• 1 tea spoon of dried oregano
• 1 tea spoon of minced cumin (didn't have any, didn't add any, didn't miss any)
• salt/pepper
• 125 ml. sour cream
• oil for baking
recipe

1 The recipe claims you have to rinse the canned kidney beans, I didn't, but i'm still alive :)
2 Bake the meat in some oil until it discolours
3 Take a large pan and bake the finely diced onion, red chili, garlic and thyme for 3 minutes, until the onion is glazy, then add the tomato in big pieces.
4 Stir in the cumin, oregano and paprika powder with some pepper and salt. Cook for 2 minutes.
5 Combine the minced meat with the canned tomato pieces and mix it in with the onion mixture. Leave it on soft heat for about 5 minutes.
6 Take the tomato puree and mix it with the meat stock. Add the laurel and cinnamon. Put everything together. Leave on soft heat for 10 more minutes.
7 When the sauce is thickened, the kidney beans can be added. Turn the heat on and leave it for 5 minutes. Remove the cinnamon stick and the laurel leaf (if you used the actual herbs, that is)
8 Mix in the sour cream and take of the heat (We actually forget this in all of our excitement, we used it at the side, and i have to say i will keep doing that, you have the spice of the chili con carne and can switch to sour cream when it gets to hot :D)
9 Serve with white rice
10 Win

I always rinse canned beans, because I don't know what the fuck that shit is they come in. Its forever known as the black, nothing ages or passes time in the black...perfect for food preservation. Cumin is necessary in Chili, or anything or this nature, also no clue what a laurel leaf. Also beef should never be browned in a different pan from onions, you can literally hear them call out to each other from pan to pan on the stove.

Though when I make chilie, I jsut make taco filling and double up on the tomato :p
Or....I make pasta sauce and trade basil for Lime. However you want to look at it.

Oh but yeah, Thanks :oops: I'll keep all this in mind on my next attempt, and blow some fucking minds.

@ Ryan: Sounds great!
@ Ess en: (your username always makes me think of food, anyway :lol: ) You should try to have some diced roasted chicken breast in a sauce made of diced sweet red peppers, lots of red pepper paste and powder, some chicken stock and a bit cream, and rice as side dish. Easy to prepare, but SO SATISFYING yesterday, I can hardly describe it :) Definitely one of my favourite dishes.

Haha! Why does my screen name remind you of food? I really wanna know. Because "ess en" is literally supposed to mean "screen name." Oh wait. Nevermind.... I got it. You're german. Essen. =P

I will try that recipe when I get the chance. You just mean chili powder, right? XP

Moar spice!

Negative, sir! I do gots plenty of the spice. I just need more of everything that's not carbs. My typical meals for the day are a bowl of cereal, and a package or two of top ramen. You know, college student diet. =(

Vitorias, everything you post always sounds so fucking incredible, I can't stand it.

And god, I love chilli. A few months ago I went to a chili cookoff and they had chocolate chili. It was really more like cocoa chili, though, as it was not sweet. Kind of bitter actually, and most people didn't like it. I found the more I ate it though, the better it was.

But tonight I had some chicken breast that, I think, was pan fried with pesto and balsalmic. It seems like the kind of thing you'd bake, but it definitely was served to me out of a pan. Regardless of how it was cooked, it was fucking amazing.

I meant a shitload of paprika powder (sweet red peppers = paprika), but of course it won´t be a bad idea to add chili ;)
And yeah, you got it with the username :lol:

@ Deadly: I´d never have thought about adding cinnamon... will try that next time for sure, thanks!

My room mates idea of cooking dinner for he and I: Heating up some frozen french fries and frying hamburger meat in a pan with a little cheese. It tasted okay, sure. But it's ridiculous how simple my room mate is. He didn't even drain the grease off of the hamburger haha.

2n1atl3.jpg

This is my major cooking fail last week. The bowl was in flames, cause apparently some oil dripped into the fire and then it got huge and the kitchen door was closed, and when I got in I almost died intoxicated, the smoke was THAT thick, but the food was edible, after I chopped off the burnt parts. :lol:

Also, that was supposed to be moussaka.

Ess en said:
He didn't even drain the grease off of the hamburger haha.

read as

Ess en said:
He's not even a total fagot haha.

Yeah I don't drain it, I usually do, but our sink is usually full so fuck it. I rarely eat beef anymore though....fuck you food inc.

I had a chuckle. Thank you. But what do you mean? Yer not supposed to put grease down the drain. It clogs it, over time (supposedly). Yer supposed to put it in a coffee can so you can use it later for gravy.
And weren't we talking about that movie? What about some organic beef? Expensive, I know.. But how can one live without beef? =\

Everything below that post was kinda over my head. I had to look shit up. I feele stooped, now gise. =(

Good Morning everyone.My easter eggs are done and they arent very good :erk:We mostly use onion skins and herbs for coloring and decoration but this year we used ordinary egg colors and the result is:

dscf6165.jpg

^ Oh wow, those look lovely though! When you said "they aren't very good", I dunno if you meant their look or the taste, but the colours and models are so pretty and it's really cool that you (and your family?) still bother trying to make them look like, eh, "real" Easter eggs. :lol: We stopped painting them ages ago and even when we did, we'd just colour them in normal egg dye from the market and that was it. :(
And the purple looks so awesome. :cool:

but the colours and models are so pretty
We also used ordinary egg dye from the supermarket and it was mistake.Colors were bad,I should just use good old onion skins cause its still the best way to achieve a nice natural color.
And the purple looks so awesome. :cool:

Thats supposed to be some darker blue shade(it looked really good on the color package) but for some unknown reason,eggs got the purple color :lol:

They look amazing : /
Havnt done that in years, and it was always the supermarket shit.

Leftovers from an early easter dinner. Bought alot of sweet potato too.

Soo sweet potato fries, honeyham, eggs. Go Breakfast.