The Food Thread.

'the fuck.. You guys have fucking rhubarb growing already? I snowed here today and yesterday :(

Aww :( Hell, I really couldn't stand more snow right now, it's already been up to 29 °C down here :lol:
I already suspected the rhubarb in our garden to be kind of extraterrestrial, it's not as sour as rhubarb usually is, and I could bake a whole baking tray, quick-freeze another portion and there's still a lot of smaller stems left to grow :) Yay :)

Its been really warm here the past while too.
My Roommate keeps talking about starting a garden for hot peppers and herbs, but I think its too late in the year for that, and I don't think he realizes this.

We've even been collecting compost material for it, so he better follow through :p

^I love that. I can't wait to move back to phoenix where it hits like 125. XD

It's been raining here a lot, lately, though. Lame.

And I haven't made anything too amazing lately. I'm gonna cook some salmon tonight, but that's not really anything special.

This is a food thread, not the fucking weather channel, Grits or GTFO.

Chinese curry chicken! I hate the way Indian's make theirs too fucken spicy, and i don't mean a manly hot either. I'm talking about "you will suffer from a CVA hot" eating at an Indian restaurant.
curry-chicken.jpg

We had nice summer weather here, but now it's back to 5 degrees celsius.. :eek: Global warming, yeah right...

I'd almost prefer that, it was 25-30 all weekend, WITH rain, soo humid.
Luckily I have the only room in the basement here (and I did shit all this weekend), so it was nice and cool for me :D

I did not mention the word 'pussy', your bad joke is redundant :D

No, he mentioned the word "if" though, which makes his sentance stand.
Also its the human soul that really feels the heat of spicy food. Pakis don't have souls.

Also, I've had cheese grits once, so fucking gross. Weather = Growing = food.
Fuck Ya'll!!!

Im going to make some stirfry and wrap it into rice paper tomorrow, weee!

I've been waiting for the sun to come out myself here, because I grow figs and they need to be warm, i can't plant the branches i trimmed from my other plant yet because of that.
It was easy to grow the vegetables in Ny (tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, swiss chard, string beans, broccoli.) because there were no deer to fucken eat them, the deer in North Carolina run ramped all over my lawn early in the morning, and i can't afford to fence 28 acres of land.

Idea has been introduced.
Then we realized, the bunnies are eating plants, which grow in Hamilton soil, and fed by Hamilton air and water.

we decided it was safe to not eat the bunnies.

^I love that. I can't wait to move back to phoenix where it hits like 125. XD

It's been raining here a lot, lately, though. Lame.

And I haven't made anything too amazing lately. I'm gonna cook some salmon tonight, but that's not really anything special.

Not the same. Arizona is very dry, and the heat isn't as bad because of it. Here we have humidity which makes it much worse. Fresh out of the shower you're already feeling like a glazed donut that just got microwaved.

I bought a club pack of chicken wings, and a smaller pack of drumsticks to BBQ this weekend! Any suggestions for sauce/dip?

I think the wings I want to do a basic BBQ/hot sauce thing, and bake them in the oven.
Drumsticks, I think I'm going to do some kind of Asian marinade, bbq the chicken, reduce that marinade a bit and spread over chicken.

Though those two ideas are interchangeable between wing/leg.

Suggestions? Any other ideas? None of it will get made until Friday, maybe even sunday.

I bought a club pack of chicken wings, and a smaller pack of drumsticks to BBQ this weekend! Any suggestions for sauce/dip?

I think the wings I want to do a basic BBQ/hot sauce thing, and bake them in the oven.
Drumsticks, I think I'm going to do some kind of Asian marinade, bbq the chicken, reduce that marinade a bit and spread over chicken.

Suggestions? Any other ideas? None of it will get made until Friday, maybe even sunday.

There's an orange sauce that goes awesome on chicken that my aunt makes. It's usually on chicken breast with a light breading, but I don't see why it couldn't be used here, as well. It's made out of pretty much of no pulp OJ, sugar, corn starch and vanilla. I'll try to find the actual recipe...

Also, I ate a couple tamales today. They were the spiciest things ever. I had tears running down my face. It was awesome.

Alabama white barbecue sauce. Normally i do a honey teriyaki ginger sauce on chicken, like i do ribs. But that white sauce was fantastic and i recommend it even if you do it to one or two pieces.
http://bbq.about.com/od/barbecuesaucerecipes/r/ble00114.htm