The Food Thread.

Nice! I want to start cooking fish more regularly, but I'm terrified of food poisoning and letting any of it go to waste.

I used to hate it as a kid but then grew into the taste. I apparently like shrimp too, if its cooked right.
I cook filleted fish all the time. Usually salmon or sole, with some marinade.

And the other day I *found out* I was allergic to shrimp... after all these years. By found out, I mean my face turned purple, tongue went numb, and hives all over my body, haha.

shellfish = insects of the sea

Wrong. Shellfish is what I am when I go to a seafood buffet :D

Yeah, I used to think the same, then I tried shrimp and pretty much confirmed it. It's awful and nobody should ever eat it. FUCK SEAFOOD

GTFO

Not a fan of shellfish but filleted fish makes me moist. Gotta love some salmon and an awesome tuna steak.

Surf and turf=shrimp, steak, chips (fries)

I guess you missed the part where I said 'barbecue' :p

Tip: These all look (and taste) much better in real life.

churrasco2%5B1%5D.jpg

04_MVG_churrasco1.jpg

churrasco.jpg

I mean, kthx.

Tip: These all look (and taste) much better in real life.

Whats so great about those cuts of meat, other than being served on a sword and their marinade.

Thign is, you only marinate the shitty, tough, poor ppl cuts of beer. So my stak was better

shellfish = insects of the sea

the fact that one would eat an entire buglike/alienesque creature, legs, intenstins and all, or suck out the goo inside of it, brings a slight taste of vomit to my mouth -_-

And I will eat any land insect you put in front of me, if it tastes as good as crab does.

Yeah, I used to think the same, then I tried shrimp and pretty much confirmed it. It's awful and nobody should ever eat it. FUCK SEAFOOD

I hate you. Btw, did you ever try that pesto, mr. "nothing tastes good to me?"

surf n turf is the epitomy of american gluttony :p

You're thinking of this.

b0012399_4751db2f2cb0e.jpg

Perhaps you all need to just come try some american cooking. The first time I had lobster was when I was like five and I was hooked. As far as meat goes, I pretty much don't even care if it's tough. I love meat too. Pasta can go to hell.

A great vegetarain dish I had two days ago:

SV100299.jpg

SV100298.jpg

Plus, you can easily alter it and just include some ground meat if you don't like vegetarian.

A great vegetarain dish I had two days ago:

SV100299.jpg

SV100298.jpg

Plus, you can easily alter it and just include some ground meat if you don't like vegetarian.

Whoa, funny coincidence, i just read the recipe for that exact dish(just with added ground beef, as you suggested there) in a magazine while chilling in the living room. Looks delicious as fuck! Ought to make me some soon

Ha, ha great!

My flat mate and I will probably try it with meat some time, too. If we do, I'll post another pic.

Oh, speaking of ground meat, this is what we had today:

SV100300.jpg

a casserolle with potatoes, ground meat (obviously) and cherry tomatoes