The Food Thread.

So I tried cooking a beef shoulder in the crockpot. Before I did, the shoulder sat in the freezer for a while, while I tried to think of what to put with it. Then I thought to myself, "Hey, I bet some balsamic vinegar cooking into the meat would taste pretty good." So I also put in onions, carrots, celery and a few strips of bacon.

It turned out like shit. The meat was okay, but everything else tasted like absolute garbage.

I can imagine :lol:. Marinade the meat in balsamic for a few hours or something then take it out for cooking. You can probably reduce the marinade with some beef drippings and wine to make a nice sauce for the meat though. I've never tried it, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works :/. Also throw in some gloves of garlic if you do that again and spices.

Yeah, I did throw in a pretty good amount of garlic and a little spice. But I'm thinking that if I do try that again, and marinade it, as you say- I should probably bake it, instead of putting it in the crock pot. So what is the deal? 'Cause I mean there was no balsamic flavor at all. Does the vinegar change change chemically from the heat, or something? I still don't really know why it didn't end up very good. =\

No idea.... I learned to cook from google :/

There has been a steak sitting on a plate under plastic wrap for over a weak, aswell as a cooked sausage in tinfoil, and a chicken kebab.
I'm eating them all today. I've asked everyone in the house, they belong to no one :/

Yay :D!

There has been a steak sitting on a plate under plastic wrap for over a weak, aswell as a cooked sausage in tinfoil, and a chicken kebab.
I'm eating them all today. I've asked everyone in the house, they belong to no one :/

Yay :D!

You lucky bastard... Everything here is microwave gourmet... >.>

I've learned to cook, mostly, through experimentation. Just like the crock pot deal. It didn't turn out well, but at least now I know that doesn't work. =\

I don't buy the food, but I guess in that case I can't complain...

Oh wait, yeah I can, so I will. Fucking Ramen...

Or you could start to buy the food you want to make and then quit bitching. That'd be good, too.

30230_10150183652410644_690115643_12913761_1689303_n.jpg

30230_10150183652435644_690115643_12913762_3400629_n.jpg

Look what I maeked, smoked sausage in spicy tomato pasta sauce. Pierced the spaghetti through the sausage before boiling. Like eating sausage octopuses :oops:

SO awesome! I have to try that out. Thanks Eddiii ;D

Chicken Tacos

• 1/2 Sweet Onion - finely chopped (Though I like it rough, :cool: )
  • 5 Cloves of minced Garlic
  • 3 Plum tomatos - also chopped pretty well
  • 1/4 cup (roughly) diced cilantro
  • 1 Lime's juice
  • 2 Jalepenos (optional, if you're a pussy)
  • worchestershire sauce
  • Spices, Cumin, some dried oregano, and paprika.
  • 1lb Ground beef, but chicken and turkey works well, I did chicken, cause ground chicken is so amazingly cheap right now.
  • 1 can beanz (I used black)

• Pre-heat pan with some oil, about medium heat
  • Throw in onions and garlic and diced jalapeno, toss it around a bit and let them sweat for a few min, until really nice and soft.
  • Add your meat, and turn the heat up, toss it around untill nice and brown and all mixed.
  • Drain that meat, also if you are a pussy, and turn the stove to low-med heat.
  • Add in beans cilantro, spices, tomato, lime juice and worchestershire (and anything else I forgot).**
  • Turn the heat up to medium, cover, and let sit for a few min, about 10 or so.
  • Remove the heat, tomatos should have almost "melted" and are much softer.
  • Once the liquid in the pan is reduced, tacos!

GUAC

• Mince up about 2-3 cloves of garlic
  • about 2tbsp of lime (I used one lime, and needed a splash from lime juice bottle)
  • Tbsp or so of Cillantro, I just used some leftover from tacos***
  • 2 Ripe Avacados
  • splash of olive oil
  • some Franks Red Hot
  • mix all that shit in a bowl, damn good.

Taco Assembly for perfection:

cover your tortilla in the guacamole, shred cheese over it so it looks like a shitty green pizza.
Add your taco filling in straight line, horizontal to yourself offcenter of the wrap. Fold in one side perpendicular to the filling, then holding the parallel side of the tortilla closest to the filling, begin to roll inwards. The cheese should melt perfectly.

The filling is an amazing topping to nachos as well, add some cheese, toss under a broiler, finish it with some black olives, fresh tomato and green onion, sour creme and guac. People will shit bricks and probably try to grab at your junk.

They are god tier, I'd take a picture but I dont want to.

Recipes never sound that good without pics.

I made some salsa. It's good.

1 White onion chopped.
2 Lemons squeezed onto onion
3 Tomatos chopped
Another lemon squeezed.
Cilantro, Jalepenos, 2 cans of albacore tuna, a spoon full of mayo and mustard
another lemon.

The mayo and mustard may sound weird, but it just kinda of thickens it up and gives it a little zest. My costa rican roomy when I was a construction worker showed me how to make it.

I do prefer lime, and I actually bought a bag of limes to do the same thing with. But they were fucking gay ass limes with no juice in them at all. I know it sounds fucking weird, but the first time I tried it, I was blown away. I mean, starting off with one whole onion makes a lot of salsa, but we used to demolish the whole bowl in about 5 minutes 'cause the shit's so fucking good. I don't make it as good as Sergio used to, though. I thought about putting garlic in, but with the way it tastes, I don't think it would work out very well. Serg used to tell me that something happens with the citric acid from the lemon and the juices in the onion that gives it a certain taste. The salsa really doesn't taste like lemon juice or regular salsa. But it's damn good.

Recipes never sound that good without pics.

I made some salsa. It's good.

1 White onion chopped.
2 Lemons squeezed onto onion
3 Tomatos chopped
Another lemon squeezed.
Cilantro, Jalepenos, 2 cans of albacore tuna, a spoon full of mayo and mustard
another lemon.

The mayo and mustard may sound weird, but it just kinda of thickens it up and gives it a little zest. My costa rican roomy when I was a construction worker showed me how to make it.
tuna in your salsa? :puke:
Chicken Tacos

• 1/2 Sweet Onion - finely chopped (Though I like it rough, :cool: )
  • 5 Cloves of minced Garlic
  • 3 Plum tomatos - also chopped pretty well
  • 1/4 cup (roughly) diced cilantro
  • 1 Lime's juice
  • 2 Jalepenos (optional, if you're a pussy)
  • worchestershire sauce
  • Spices, Cumin, some dried oregano, and paprika.
  • 1lb Ground beef, but chicken and turkey works well, I did chicken, cause ground chicken is so amazingly cheap right now.
  • 1 can beanz (I used black)

• Pre-heat pan with some oil, about medium heat
  • Throw in onions and garlic and diced jalapeno, toss it around a bit and let them sweat for a few min, until really nice and soft.
  • Add your meat, and turn the heat up, toss it around untill nice and brown and all mixed.
  • Drain that meat, also if you are a pussy, and turn the stove to low-med heat.
  • Add in beans cilantro, spices, tomato, lime juice and worchestershire (and anything else I forgot).**
  • Turn the heat up to medium, cover, and let sit for a few min, about 10 or so.
  • Remove the heat, tomatos should have almost "melted" and are much softer.
  • Once the liquid in the pan is reduced, tacos!

GUAC

• Mince up about 2-3 cloves of garlic
  • about 2tbsp of lime (I used one lime, and needed a splash from lime juice bottle)
  • Tbsp or so of Cillantro, I just used some leftover from tacos***
  • 2 Ripe Avacados
  • splash of olive oil
  • some Franks Red Hot
  • mix all that shit in a bowl, damn good.

Taco Assembly for perfection:

cover your tortilla in the guacamole, shred cheese over it so it looks like a shitty green pizza.
Add your taco filling in straight line, horizontal to yourself offcenter of the wrap. Fold in one side perpendicular to the filling, then holding the parallel side of the tortilla closest to the filling, begin to roll inwards. The cheese should melt perfectly.

The filling is an amazing topping to nachos as well, add some cheese, toss under a broiler, finish it with some black olives, fresh tomato and green onion, sour creme and guac. People will shit bricks and probably try to grab at your junk.

They are god tier, I'd take a picture but I dont want to.
:loco:

yes, but what is it? :err:

I do prefer lime, and I actually bought a bag of limes to do the same thing with. But they were fucking gay ass limes with no juice in them at all. I know it sounds fucking weird, but the first time I tried it, I was blown away. I mean, starting off with one whole onion makes a lot of salsa, but we used to demolish the whole bowl in about 5 minutes 'cause the shit's so fucking good. I don't make it as good as Sergio used to, though. I thought about putting garlic in, but with the way it tastes, I don't think it would work out very well. Serg used to tell me that something happens with the citric acid from the lemon and the juices in the onion that gives it a certain taste. The salsa really doesn't taste like lemon juice or regular salsa. But it's damn good.

Mayo with lemon juice is a common thing, usually used as a base to dipping sauces (or yogurt). Traditionally though, mexican food has a lot of lime and garlic.

wat? They're good :p

tuna in your salsa? :puke:

You don't have to use tuna. You could use anything. Sergio recommended shrimp and/or crab. I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum hates sea food, 'cause you're all queers, but I'm sure that some grilled chicken would go really good with it too. If anyone wants to try to make it, it's really easy and cheap, and then you can back me up on the taste.

Those look mighty fine, cliff. I take it that those must be some spicy ass jalepeños, by the giant glass of milk you got next to the plate. I don't like avocado, though- and therefore, most guacamole. If the guac is spicey as shit it can be pretty good, though.