The Food Thread.

The Canadian food guide is so gay they had to change it from a pyramid to a rainbow.

Rainbow = symbol of gay pride right?

A good source of B vitamins are yeast extracts -Vegemite, Promite, Marmite. I think B12 may be in Marmite, there is conjecture over which B vitamins are found in which yeast extract depending on the country it is made in. I knew a guy with some sort of yeast allergy and couldn't drink beer - poor sod!

I also know a girl who doesn't like red meat, recently diagnosed as anaemic - no surprise there.

Cats do not go looking for stomachs in order to eat vegetables. They eat the whole animal and as a consequence eat vegetation, some of which is processed by the stomach. They don't have the time, fingers, knives or forks to delicately eat and separate so intake nutrient rich vegetable matter by default.

In Lion packs there is a pecking order as to who eats what, they have to stop eating and move on when the number of hyaenas surrounding them gets too much but you can imagine if a solitary hungry lion happens upon a baby antelope, gazelle, etc. it'll om nom nom the whole thing down.

Speaking of steamed broccoli, how many here like broccoli stems? I saw a woman at a supermarket trying to break off the steam to get the flowers only (sold by weight). The stem is the best part, I like to peel it and eat it raw, same with cauliflower root, I used to add a bit of salt to it as a kid but now just eat it raw.

s

They are quite ridiculous actually. The Canadian food guide is so gay they had to change it from a pyramid to a rainbow.

so ridiculous... it becomes not ridiculous at all? :err:

if what i needed to eat was in a rainbow rather than an untasty looking triangle, i'd eat it :eek:

also, saw on err teletext(? :lol:) that 100gr of chocolate contains at least 62 pieces of insects
macaroni 225 in 225 grams :yuk:
tomato puree, pizza sauce and other sauces: on average 30 eggs of flies and 2 maggots per 100 grams :popcorn:

s

100g of chocolate contains at least 62 pieces of insects
macaroni 225 in 225 grams :yuk:
tomato puree, pizza sauce and other sauces: on average 30 eggs of flies and 2 maggots per 100 grams :popcorn:

Insects are a great source of protein, according to Man Vs Wild's Bear Gryllis they are 80% protein whereas meat is only 12%.

Bear FTW! That guy eats just about anything and raw. The last ep. I saw he was describing how a particular snake he caught excretes a smelly liquid to ward off predators, he then ripped its head off with his teeth and whether he knew it or not the head was facing him as he was chowing down the body.

I wonder if it was enough time for the snake to see his killer eating his wriggling body before blacking out.

s

Cats do not go looking for stomachs in order to eat vegetables. They eat the whole animal and as a consequence eat vegetation, some of which is processed by the stomach. They don't have the time, fingers, knives or forks to delicately eat and separate so intake nutrient rich vegetable matter by default.

:yow:
really?

Speaking of Man Vs. Wild in a few episodes Bear mentions how early man was moreso opportunistic and would have often fed on leftover kill from other animals rather than always hunting them down as we are led to believe.

One episode he spotted a kill and there is a period of time before the meat goes rancid but.....you can eat the protein rich maggots.

s

That's cool and all but reminds me of the left-side-of-the-road-driving-sword-shield discussion.

It was mentioned here about early man and fire. Before being able to create fire humans would've eaten meat raw, some claim it is healthier as charred meat is carcinogenic. Before inventing weapons and traps humans would've had to eat already dead/killed animals or whatever they could catch with their bare hands including insects.

Also raised was the way meat is these unhealthy, corn fed beef, etc. Modern food has so much crap added to it, recently there was an article on the Southampton Six - food colours linked to cancer and hyperactivity in children.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sunday-telegraph/fear-for-kids-as-colouring-linked-to-cancer/story-e6frewt0-1225893356708

What is wrong with the natural colour/appearance of food? Apples that aren't shiny don't sell as well on supermarket shelves so who knows what they're doing to them to get their skin shiny.

I've done a bit of food tasting market research - you may want to check out paid market research where you are you get paid for testing products/opinions.

With food, they do ask what I think of the colour and ask to scale a point between too light and too dark. So if enough people think it's too light they will throw in more chemicals to make it darker. I realise it's all about the $ and beating the competition to a more appealing product but at the sake of health? This is just nuts.

s

Modern food has so much crap added to it, recently there was an article on the Southampton Six - food colours linked to cancer and hyperactivity in children.
All of those cancerous and dangerous food colors are banned in Europe and US as far as I know.Food safety control is tough.Even here,Ive never seen any of the banned and unpermitted additives in food.Most preservatives are there with a good reason and some of them exist naturally in many foods.

This sort of remind me on when my organic chemistry professor on Uni told us how while ago some journalist was reading about citric acid cycle(citric acid is used as preservative and flavour enhancers in food ).Citric acid cycle is also known as Krebs cycle by a scientist Krebs and apparently Krebs means cancer on german and then idiot journalist thought its a ''cycle of the cancer'' in humans and there was a big mess about citric acid being cancerous even though its a natural component in metabolism and it exists in greater than trace amounts in a variety of fruits and vegetables.

Old post, but relevant:

Holy shit, i had no idea you were such a fucking idiot :S

Fixed. I eat meat and I don't give two shits.

Fuck your hippy bullshit, Altitudes, I'm gonna eat your share of meat too, just to make your crusade pointless.

(Not saying that vegetanarianism is bullshit... but "don't eat meat its unhealthy and unnatural DERP" is.) :loco:

^
:lol: yes, you cant even import cheese from certain countries. At least here in Germany.

Old post, but relevant:

Fixed. I eat meat and I don't give two shits.

Fuck your hippy bullshit, Altitudes, I'm gonna eat your share of meat too, just to make your crusade pointless.

(Not saying that vegetanarianism is bullshit... but "don't eat meat its unhealthy and unnatural DERP" is.) :loco:
Mick is no idiot and doesn't say "hippy bullshit", first thing (besides, not that there's anything wrong with hippies anyway? XD).
He said all he did just like everyone here says what he/she thinks... and it's everyone's right, isn't it? ;)

And just to clear things up, peeps: I'm not vegetarian, but I like to eat less meat because I have done it most of my life and there are other foods of which I just like the taste more and I've never had any problem nor ever got overweight and not even underweight, good diet and good style of life go together and they can be both with meat and also without, but it's recommended not to excess with meat because it gives you a high amount of cholesterol which is a mere animal fat and even the red meat that looks not fat, hides a good amount of it, that's why they are trying to invite people into eating less meat. What many vegetarian also know is that it's proved that there's a biologic law (let's call it this way) that allow you to supply the proteins that you find in meat by eating other food; also, a too high consume of meat is cause of many diseases, and, in particular cases, cancer (especially red meat, as chicken's meat is the best meat to eat, if we wanna talk about protein amount and protein quality... that's indeed the meat that body builders get often suggested to eat.). And I studied these things at University, so I'm not basing my opinion on Internet, land of truth but also great lies.

Now, not to be Mick's or anyone's advocate, but honestly, he is allowed to say things he believes in, but I'm sure he couldn't care less if the others here don't share the same opinion as his about food.

Come on, it's so clear that since we live and the day we grew (hence had the chance to choose what we want to eat, not what our parents want us to eat), everyone does eat and does what they want and no person forces other persons to do what they say!

What was going on here till a certain moment was just constructive talking, with some light mood words here and there.
But when people start acting in some way, that's no dialogue... that's closing in and making fun, when it's not needed.

So, people, eat what you want, but take it easy. ^^

Edit: oh yeah, somebody bash me too now, if it feels good. :)

┼Victim of the Night┼;9237507 said:
Mick is no idiot and doesn't say "hippy bullshit", first thing (besides, not that there's anything wrong with hippies anyway? XD).
He said all he did just like everyone here says what he/she thinks... and it's everyone's right, isn't it? ;)

And just to clear things up, peeps: I'm not vegetarian, but I like to eat less meat because I have done it most of my life and there are other foods of which I just like the taste more and I've never had any problem nor ever got overweight and not even underweight, good diet and good style of life go together and they can be both with meat and also without, but it's recommended not to excess with meat because it gives you a high amount of cholesterol which is a mere animal fat and even the red meat that looks not fat, hides a good amount of it, that's why they are trying to invite people into eating less meat. What many vegetarian also know is that it's proved that there's a biologic law (let's call it this way) that allow you to supply the proteins that you find in meat by eating other food; also, a too high consume of meat is cause of many diseases, and, in particular cases, cancer (especially red meat, as chicken's meat is the best meat to eat, if we wanna talk about protein amount and protein quality... that's indeed the meat that body builders get often suggested to eat.). And I studied these things at University, so I'm not basing my opinion on Internet, land of truth but also great lies.

Now, not to be Mick's or anyone's advocate, but honestly, he is allowed to say things he believes in, but I'm sure he couldn't care less if the others here don't share the same opinion as his about food.

Come on, it's so clear that since we live and the day we grew (hence had the chance to choose what we want to eat, not what our parents want us to eat), everyone does eat and does what they want and no person forces other persons to do what they say!

What was going on here till a certain moment was just constructive talking, with some light mood words here and there.
But when people start acting in some way, that's no dialogue... that's closing in and making fun, when it's not needed.

So, people, eat what you want, but take it easy. ^^

Edit: oh yeah, somebody bash me too now, if it feels good. :)

Sure, freedom of speech gives him the right to sound as patronizing as he wants to be. But acting like a know-it-all, with a massive "holier-than-thou" attitude WILL get you called out on it, and is obviously gonna spark a debate. I have nothing against the vegetarian diet, nor people who are vegetarians(except when they are dicks about it, especially moralfags).

I, however, am sick of being told how bad it is that i eat meat by cunts like him. I'm also sick of people acting like they know the answer to a debate that's ongoing in both social studies and science with evidence supporting AND disproving both camps. A proper conclusion has yet to be established, so claiming that you KNOW the answer is no better than religious fanatics, which is actually what he sounds like in those rants he gave there.

TL;DR: Mick can fuck off.

ps: everything is wrong with hippies

Well, I see you didn't get what I mean, if you act this way.

But it's fine, I don't hold anything against you, so there's no worries for me. :)

┼Victim of the Night┼;9237705 said:
Well, I see you didn't get what I mean, if you act this way.

But it's fine, I don't hold anything against you, so there's no worries for me. :)

Really? Im not ranting against you, I'm ranting against Mick, because you see, i think he's an idiot. Are you sure you even read what he wrote? Because It's like we're talking about two entirely different Micks

Yes, I always read things... otherwise I wouldn't have words to use to reply because I wouldn't know what the subject of the matter would be and what people said.

It's alright, everyone think their way. What matters is only the way things are stated, there's many things of expressing ourselves.

┼Victim of the Night┼;9237744 said:
Yes, I always read things... otherwise I wouldn't have words to use to reply because I wouldn't know what the subject of the matter would be and what people said.

It's alright, everyone think their way. What matters is only the way things are stated, there's many things of expressing ourselves.

I know that, I didn't mean that as an offense.