The Food Thread.

You'd think with all the French speakers you'd have more pretentious cunts who love that kind of shit :/
But I guess they would actually know what coffee is supposed to taste like :p

My butcher is on vacation until the 10th D: I don't know wtf I'm going to do, I was planning on getting a 5lb roast :p

No there isn't. If I had said sausage, than maybe.

I got steak and Im going to pan-sear it, finish it under the broiler, deglaze the pan with some redwine and a mirpoix, and thicken with a roux for a nice sauce!

:D

yus thanks :D looks yummy!
Glad I could help, a bit. :)

I've seen quite a lot recipes till now, but none of them was so enjoyable and lively to read. Thank you Eli :)
Don't you want to post some more recipes in here...? ;)
Hey girl, thank you very much! I thought I was too prolix and annoying instead...

Well, then I guess I will try to pop in this thread more often. :)

I went to make a Bechemel sauce last night for my potatoes, halfway though, no milk in the house. wwwwummp.

Had to substitute with water and sherry, yes it was the only thing I really had that would have worked.
Didn't taste bad, but was really disappointing and fail :(. Luckily there was enough garlic and shallots involved it tasted better than dumping butter and booze onto my plate.

Lesson: Always gather ingredients first :/

2j195yf.jpg

15s7k13.jpg

Not my pics, but fuck.

Fuck.

Edit: the second pic + a large cup of sexy black coffee = me in heaven

same here, every time I make my awesome curry sausage I realise that there are no apples:(

I'm not sure whether to finish off the sub par beer that was left here or go for some decent vodka I've got in the freezer... My cold says I shouldn't drink at all, but fuck my body, it'll be my last party in this shitty little town for a while.