The Food Thread.

Birthday family dinner for my Aunt. London Broil, Shrimp Scampi, sauteed mushroom and peas, corn, salad and a Becks.
45434_624301068687_19609892_35695539_5917721_n.jpg
corn is for hobos, mate ;)

I can't help but feel "big rock candy" is slang for crack. :/

that was fuckign awesome though.

And, I made some pretzels today that were really good in class.
But I also made some cinnamon buns that sucked total ass.

They're from Hamburg, aren't they? Thats what I assumed :/

That's the story as I know it.

Yesterday I ordered a burger with chips, got my burger with a pack of Lay's potato chips.

This is really weird. I knew I'd get the chips because it wasn't labelled as fries on the menu and thought since I'm paying for it I may as well save it for later.

In Australia we don't eat potato chips with meals, it's considered a junk food. To me it's like getting a Mars bar with your burger.

s

The philosophy is that, it's a flat round crispy french fry that went through more processes to make than an Audi R8. Which means it's edible.

In Australia we don't eat potato chips with meals, it's considered a junk food. To me it's like getting a Mars bar with your burger.

And you wouldn't eat a mars bar if it came with your meal? As like maybe desert? I know you have some deserts in Australia, so that concept can't be too foreign...

The philosophy is that, it's a flat round crispy french fry that went through more processes to make than an Audi R8. Which means it's edible.

Kettle chips are godly. Fuck ruffles, its mashed potato flakes pressed into a chip shape.
And how are chips different from fries (inb4 britfags), other than their shape?

Bread and Cheese! Have a plate of Rye bread (I totally baked in class), and some 7yo Cheddar.
Swiss would have been really nice too. Rye is fucking awesome.

And you wouldn't eat a mars bar if it came with your meal? As like maybe desert?

Totally!

The chips came in a packet though I have seen on some plates the chips are placed alongside the burger as a side dish.

I also notice burgers in some places are split in half for you to place on the onions, pickles etc. and I assume some people place chips in their burger as I do remember the odd weirdo (at least one in every school) putting chips in his sandwich. I wouldn't do that with a Mars bar.

s

Bread and cheese!
We stuffed some french baguette with smoked ham, cheddar, rosemary, thyme and cayan.
The smell when you first cut into it while it was still steamy...amazing.

I'm apparently also great at making crepes, never made them and they came out close to perfect, although mine were too thick.

i had this happen to me when i was in London a few years ago. i was expecting fries as well... not... cold... loveless... overly crispy... :cry:

Are the hamburgers any different in London?

In Australia prior to the fast food chain epidemic you bought hamburgers from Milk Bars/Fish and Chip shops - a corner shop (not always on the corner) usually owned by Greeks that was open Sundays (in the old days not much was open Sundays) that sold hot chips, hamburgers, soft drinks, ice cream, etc. and milk of course.

The hamburgers they make I still rate better than any fast food chain burger. They toasted the buns and grilled the onions on the same grill as the meat patty and at the same time.

Also beetroot slices were always included in the burgers, keep this in mind for your next burger people.

In addition you could add (at cost) cheese, sliced pineapple ring or even a fried egg (usually with a soft yolk). Hamburger with the lot included all the above and all burgers in Aus didn't have pickles, I guess they somehow got lost in the translation (or pickle famine) and we substituted with beetroot.

The milk bars would also sell steak sandwiches which unlike a burger in the USA was toasted bread slices with a piece of sliced cow, grilled onions & sauce.

s

What is that? Rice and shaved ham?
Why would you have such a large image when your camera takes such shit quality pictures?

Anyway, they feed us at my new job, its fucking incredible. If you work at a resteraunt stall or something you get a meal card that will give you a starter, main, dessert and pop. Being in catering, the two days I've worked so far one of about three chefs on duty has prepared us something. Today was chicken kebab, rice, homefries (overcooked, we were busy the chef left them alone :( ) meatballs, and some coleslaw.

No time to sit and practice my school work this week so far though :(
Unless I do it now, which Im totally not gonna do.

Anyway, they feed us at my new job, its fucking incredible. If you work at a restaurant stall

During school and uni I've worked for both Hungry Jacks (Burger King) and Pizza Hut. Yep the best thing about working with food is eating for free during work and taking home food.

s