The Food Thread.

Its a "Mother Sauce", which is like a base for a bunch of other sauces, including a cheese sauce like that.
Its made with melted butter and flour (a roux), and you add a bunch of hot milk to it slowly. (if the milk is cold it will harden the butter and will be clumpy).

From there you add herbs, wine, spices, cheese, whatever to make all kinds of sauces. White pasta sauces, and cheese sauces most specifically I think.

I'm fucking starving now.

KNOWLEDGE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mother_sauces

(lol Firefox doesn't see "shitload" as a spelling error)

Kitchen Nightmares marathon niggas.
gordon-ramsay.jpg

Made up a loaf of french toast (frenched a loaf?) and made up some whipped creme, cut some strawberries, and made a bunch of scrambled eggs and bacon.
No powdered sugar, but was epic, sunday afternoon beer + food coma = excellent.

Raisins are good, but they do not belong in cookies, especially when they are easily confused for chocolate chips.

Learn to look at your food before you eat it.

Roast beef sandwhich, with mozerella and some leftover sauteed onions and peppers from friday.

Tons of thanksgiving leftovers, om nom nom.
I am thankful for not having to wait a month for this shit.

Raisins are good, but they do not belong in cookies, especially when they are easily confused for chocolate chips.

It's the chocolate letdown that's the piss off.

Similar to party pies, when you're expecting to bite into some meaty goodness and someone has thrown a few spinach ones into the mix.

s