The Football Thread!

Yes, but a bit of the problem is England, Spain & Italy have such unbelievable funds in football. It's transfer like Real Madrid did last summer that ruin the REAL football!

I really hope Madrid will really fail this year just to see that it isn't money that can buy you a championship.

You know what, those countries' clubs obviously dominate the European football right know, BUT this will eventually backfire in the not-so-distant future:

Many of these clubs are either heavily in debt (knock, knock.. Real Madrid) OR at the mercy of some oil sheik. And if they lose the interest in their hobby, pulling the monetary plug, they are FUCKED.

And it's already starting with the recession, the owners of Liverpool FC, England's record champion (!!!), are desperately searching a buyer for the club.

So Germany's and Holland's clubs may not be competitive at the highest international levels right know, but at least our clubs are still (mostly) financially healthy and in their own hands.

Schalke 04 ;)

But yeah you are right about that!!!
Also I read that spain wants to cut the Beckham-paragraph so football players will need to pay the same amount of taxes everyone else have to....

@Bayern´s problems. Phillip Lahm brought it to the point perfectly :D But..I was a bit shocked, "pretty untypical for this little nice guy, Lahm".

I´m very dissapointed about the new Bayern München..so much quality, but the last needed risk is missing. And some of the new guys are above average imo.

I just started watching soccer and I'm surprised how cool it is...

I saw two fights and people in the crowds are fuckin insane which makes it very entertaining.

Hey I´m glad, you think it´s cool :) I recommend watching a "Champions Leage" quarter,- or half final. Maybe with some really strong teams like Manchester United or FC Barcelona. You´ll dig it :kickass:

That goal was outrageous. Fifa should use cameras. That said...

capturaroh.jpg

I'm french and it's such a shame even for us. We were laughing so hard watching the replays because we were thinking "omg it's not possible it has been accepted". I mean, even if there had been unfair decisions before during the match, it's actually unfair the goal was accepted. There were 2 hors-jeu (dunno how you say in english, when you pass the ball to an attacker that is further than the last defensor) + that horrible hand.

Plus, the match was stupid as fuck, in the end it was a massacre, everyone was kicking everyone.

The best is that it will not be replayed. It never happens to replay a match even for a tremendous stupid reason.

What is a shame is that the decision of not using cams is that it keeps the original vibe that the arbiter is the boss and that a decision is made, and that players should be at least a minimum fair play, like youngsters do (or should). But in pro level, it never happens because of the interests and the $. Shame