The French bands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeve777

New Metal Member
Aug 5, 2008
Paris (France)
In france we haven't a ''metal culture'' but since 20 years ago that musical way begin to popular. I thinks that funny to show you, our ''small'' metal experience. So this is an example of ''french band in any style of metal'' Don't laught about this :lol:
What do you speaks about ? I repeat, excuse my english...:rolleyes:

neo and hardcore

and to the fan of death and black:

and two cult french band but most rock than metal

and in bonus

Last edited by a moderator:
we already know all about french music here

good scene especially black metal. it's weird you didn't mention deathspell omega

The old French Death Metal scene was great. Loudblast, Massacra, Mercyless, Agressor, Supuration, Crusher, Asgard, etc... Good stuff.

French Black Metal is massively overrated, but there's some good stuff amongst the legions of derivative, soulless clones.

that's a surprise to me.... because i was thinking our music is unknow in the rest of world (except Europe of course) The Death ans Black aren't very popular in France nethertheless it true we had a good band.
(mutiilation ,vlad tepes ,torgeist ,belketre ,black murder, vermyapre komando, kristallnacht, crystallyum, blessed in sin, seigneur voland, misanthrope, argile, garwall ou encore count nosferatukommando, bélenos etc...)

that's a surprise to me.... because i was thinking our music is unknow in the rest of world (except Europe of course) The Death ans Black aren't very popular in France nethertheless it true we had a good band.
(mutiilation ,vlad tepes ,torgeist ,belketre ,black murder, vermyapre komando, kristallnacht, crystallyum, blessed in sin, seigneur voland, misanthrope, argile, garwall ou encore count nosferatukommando, bélenos etc...)

It's the same way in the US that most metal bands aren't known to the popular culture.

Some of my favorite French bands:

Antaeus
Kronos
Anorexia Nervosa
Deathspell Omega
Arkhon Infaustus
Blut Aus Nord
Merrimack
Blacklodge

France is my favourite country for music, and I'm not speaking only of black metal. Also, I enjoy many French films.

Mathiäs;7500047 said:
Most of the French bm bands I've heard rule. DSO and Celestia are ridiculously good.

Celestia is so underrated. Great band. Have you heard the new releases?

France fucking rules. My dad as born and raised there, so naturally I have to go visit there every other year. Great place. A ton great bands come from France and will keep coming.

Hey to the guy who started this thread, when I visit France I always visit Fnac for buying music. What else is there in Paris?

Here are the French bands on my playlist:

Adagio (Progressive / Symphonic Metal)
Amethyste (Death Metal)
Artefact (Melodic Black Metal)
Carcariass (Technical Death Metal)
Dungortheb (Technical Death Metal)
Gorod (Technical Death Metal)
Hacride (Groove Metal)
Luen-Ta (Progressive Death Metal)
Lutece (Epic Black Metal)
Neurolepsia (Symphonic Extreme Metal)
The Old Dead Tree (Doom Metal)
Pitbulls in the Nursery (Progressive / Technical Death Metal)
Psychopathology Orchestra (Experimental / Progressive Metal)
France is my favourite country for music, and I'm not speaking only of black metal. Also, I enjoy many French films.
The only French movie that I've seen is District B13, but I really enjoyed it and I totally want to have sex with the guy's sister.

Some french bm bands I appreciate:

Hirilorn
Epheles
Mutiilation
Peste Noire
Nehemah
Belenos
Blut Aus Nord
Deathspell Omega
Antaeus
Elhaz
Grimlair
Anorexia Nervosa
Mortifera
Armaggedon
DevilMind
Desolation Triumphalis

Hey to the guy who started this thread, when I visit France I always visit Fnac for buying music. What else is there in Paris?

Personally it's very rare when i found a EP that interess me at fnac or virgin, other than i search for a long period. If you want a trick, there's some store near station ''les Halles'', in fact there's a lot of little store everywhere in Paris mixing goth/grind/death/black/emo... a little goddam mess in fact. In France the best solution to find interesting things it's mail-order selling... and there it's a deposit of treasure.

I think the only french bands i have on my playlist are Dagoba and Gojira, never really heard any of the french BM

Status
Not open for further replies.