the fuckin weather thread

i don't mind the snow so much (it's pouring down all the time) but it is really annoying that when you have the block heater on every night the car turns into a block of ice which sucks

also, the darkness. i don't much care for the darkness. it makes me tired

this is the first proper winter I have seen in NYC since I live in the US. snowing literally every week.

right now from my window ... stuck buses trying to make it uphill in the distance

IMG_7648.jpg

fuck me in the ashen ... another storm coming tonight all the way into Wed morning ... ICe storm and all.

it's like fucking Alaska outside already ... all this shit piled on top of one another won't melt till March, the earliest.

no fucking way. I drive everywhere.
the roads and hwys are clear and during storms most NY'ers are pussies so they don't drive. more hwy for me :loco:

I seriously hate public transportation with a passion. and the reality is that I can drive anywhere in NYC faster than with the subway/bus.

This winter has been RIDICULOUS. Budgets must have been blown because they didnt start plowing today until around 2pm and its been snowing since 6am. Now the hail is coming down for a nice thick coat of ice throughout the night. Then 12" of more snow tomorrow. Oh, and Saturday too, woohoo.

image001fj.png

lol @ Ken's map ... did you make it? I am borrowing it for FB

but yeah, in NYC parking meter rules and alternate side of the street parking (look it up) has been suspended since like Xmas ... that's a shitload of lost revenue in unwritten tickets.

not to mention the money they will have to blow on fixing potholes once this is over in a few months

lol @ Ken's map ... did you make it? I am borrowing it for FB

No. Go for it.

but yeah, in NYC parking meter rules and alternate side of the street parking (look it up) has been suspended since like Xmas ... that's a shitload of lost revenue in unwritten tickets.

not to mention the money they will have to blow on fixing potholes once this is over in a few months

haha ... isn;t that the truth.

Woke up at 4:15 this morning to thunder, lightning, and ICE pelting my bedroom window. A pretty cool combination, except we quickly became covered in ice and will stay covered in ice through tomorrow, at least. Sucks, except for the whole staying home from school part. I really don't remember having winter morning weather worse than today's. We've had more snow in the morning before, but ice is a whole other deal.

Hasn't been above 25 degrees today, and will be something like 13 degrees tonight. Too cold for us Texicans! :loco:

Weather down this area of the globe's been a bit crazy over the last few months. Have had massive flooding in Queensland and also here in Victoria, caused by above average rainfalls after 15 years of drought. And now Queensland is about to be smacked in the face with a category 5 cyclone, Yasi, which spans 500km. Motherfucking weather, huh.