the fuckin weather thread

i just spoke to a client in Dallas and he was like panicked.

you guys seriously closed everything because of "ice"?

Well, this is Texas. We're not equipped with enough sand trucks, and no one has tire chains. So the inch of ice on the roads has pretty much stayed an inch of ice on the roads. Not everything is closed. Stores are open, and travel within a close proximity to home is possible, but still dreadful! Forget about the sidewalks.

Our light rail system even shut down for the first time ever, partly due to ice, and partly due to forced rolling blackouts. Too much strain on the power grid. Texas had to borrow power from Mexico! :loco:

Never had to deal with this much ice for so many days though, not even in Maryland.

Finally got some snow to cover the ice! We were only supposed to get a light dusting, but there are several beautiful inches, and it's still coming down :)

Roofs have been caving in all over the place around here. I started to have a couple leaks in the ceiling near me bedroom window due to the completely frozen gutter system along with 17 foot icicles. The condo association hired a company to come clean em out somehow but they are so backed up that they probably wont be here until early next week.

Home from school, AGAIN. Got a nice coating of sleet at 5 AM. Several inches of snow are expected throughout the day, and we've already hit our high of 25 degrees. Only going down from there, down to....9 degrees?! 'tf, if this keeps up then all the Mexicans will leave Texas! :loco:

so the entire Subway and Bus system will be shut down from noon tomorrow ... never seen that happen before in NYC.

they must know something.

yah, same here. This past March...didn't even know until he sent me an email just a few weeks ago detailing how he blames me for our friendship falling apart.

yah, same here. This past March...didn't even know until he sent me an email just a few weeks ago detailing how he blames me for our friendship falling apart.

4 months ago he sent me a text stating that he was getting hitched. At that point I promptly posted on RC how I was dreading possibly being the best man, or part of the wedding party. Funny how that all turned out. Last time I saw him in person, I asked him the date of this shindig, and he awkwardly stated it was going to be a "small" wedding. I should have taken that as a foreboding remark, but due to the closeness of our friendship over the years, I made no decryption. To hell with the wedding, where's the bachelor party invite asshole? :confused: