The future of metal

I've always thought, if I were black, I would start a "black metal" band, actually playing black metal but with a bunch of other black guys. First of all, it'd be doubly literal! And secondly, it would freak out the racist part of that scene almost as much as Antestor and Horde did the Satanic part. :p
You know, back in '99 when I was a college freshman I knew a black dude who was probably the most Metal motherfucker I've ever met. I'm convinced he slept in his spiked leather jacket and combat boots. And one day, telling some friends about the band he had been working on putting together, he trusted us with his secret weapon. "Okay... You guys seriously can't tell anyone this 'cause I don't want the idea stolen, but my band's name...

... will be ULTRATHRASH."

He wasn't kidding.

In the future our alien oppressors will outlaw metal as a threat to the stability of their empire. During this time pop music will be mandatory listening for humans under the alien mandates. The remaining true metallers will seek refuge in the shadow forests until the time for the great battle quest in hopes to eventually defeat the evil insectoid race and bring a new golden age of anarchy once more!

but most likely we'll all be dead by then.

Thats what they said back in 1998 and some other years I forget :err:. The most convincing catastrophic desastrous event I ever heard was that global warming will remap the world drastically after the glaciers completely melt in 2050 supposedly where billions of people will have to evacuate their homes.

I think the most balls out theory I've ever heard of the Doomsday came from one of my religious coworkers a couple of years ago...

First of all, he thinks that the Pope is the most powerful man in the world and that the Vatican run everything (kind of like a mix of the Illuminati and the Patriots from MGS) and he said that the sign of the Apocalypse will come when the United States will ask for money from the Vatican, and the Pope will lend it to us on the one condition that we all denounce Christianity (yes it makes absolutely no sense)

Apparently a couple of days after tihs, the world will completely collapse into chaos...

by 2012 we are suppose to be going through the age of Aquarius aka the Age of water, and the world is suppose to flood soon. Ew big coincidence. But as far as religion goes, it is suppose to be a new era of paradise, not the apocalypse.

Edit: Funny thought, if it does happen to be the apocalypse, then the forseeing of the era of paradise would be false which means not only were the Mayans wrong but perhaps a wide variety of other religions. That would be hilarious but would also suck becuase then all life would wipe out for who knows how many years.

I recall a theory that says that the Age of Aquarius should signal the coming/birth of the Messiah, and if the world is still entrenched in sin in its passing, all life will be extinguished by some major cataclysm.
But so many false predictions of the end were made in past years, both by science and religion, and we're still alive and well, so what gravity do all those apocalyptic theories have?

It would be intersting to see if the Mayans were right or wrong when this happens.I use to be scared of this but then I went on a website and look up end of the world prediction and every year some person said this year gonna end when it didn't so don't believe all of the hype of 2012.

Randy Moss, you're a character

It would be intersting to see if the Mayans were right or wrong when this happens.I use to be scared of this but then I went on a website and look up end of the world prediction and every year some person said this year gonna end when it didn't so don't believe all of the hype of 2012.

Ok for one according to all religions,including the Mayans belief, no man can predict "the end". The Mayans believed that something beneficial will happen in 2012; Something good which excludes the apocalypse in all ways. If your getting your information from that stupid 2012 site with retarded theories of how the world will end, then well your an idiot. Do some more research.

There is a thread [posted by me, none the less] for a discussion of this very topic. See 2012 opinions.

You know, back in '99 when I was a college freshman I knew a black dude who was probably the most Metal motherfucker I've ever met. I'm convinced he slept in his spiked leather jacket and combat boots. And one day, telling some friends about the band he had been working on putting together, he trusted us with his secret weapon. "Okay... You guys seriously can't tell anyone this 'cause I don't want the idea stolen, but my band's name...

... will be ULTRATHRASH."

He wasn't kidding.

Could it be.... ULTRATHRASH

I was a bit amused when I saw this local band named Ultrathrash on myspace and then a bit shocked when i also saw they featured a big black guy. Could the possibly be the same?!?! What a strange coincidence that would be! Or perhaps ULTRATHRASH is just a popular metal name amongst the black crowd?

Yeah, because heterosexuality is about doing heroin and fighting for money and doing various stupid things and then posting about it on the internet.

No silly, it's blogging and looking in forums to find untrue opinions about Metal.

Every thing about Manowar's presentation screams "in the closet", or just outright homosexual.....Like this picture for instance:

manowar.jpg

Explain to me why I should care about what somebody who knows not a god damn thing about metal thinks about a real metal band.